How scary is it

We are 5-0 and 10-0 and have not played a QB yet that I would trade Petrus for. Two of the QB's we have played have been pretty hyped nationally (Iowa State and Indiana) but have not produced. I also do not see a QB we will play that I would trade for either. The best so far seems to be at PSU and he has a lot more experience than Spencer does. We are not broken so do not need to be fixed and our upside is tremendous. Weakest link is our wide receivers who are not getting a lot of separation. Glad we are putting some of the younger receivers in and hope to see more of that. Speed kills.

Something that doesn't get mentioned often enough is Petras personal makeup seems to be rather level headed an mentally tough. So far he hasn't cracked under pressure. To an extent his footwork is affected by pressure, but we haven't seen him, freeze up, panic, start making self-defeating decisions.

Petras seems to be fairly accurate given he has a little bit of time. He seems to be working on throwing with a little better touch, although under pressure he does revert to throwing too hard.

Next week we'll get to see how well progress made holds up in a big game against a good defense. This weeks game with all those short field drives had to help the offense on their game quite a bit.

Latest posts