How old is Melsahn Basabe?

jardinero

Maybe 19 at best? Same for D. Marble. I will say with no embarrassment that at that age I was not ready for prime time in any area of life. The job of a college basketball coach is to take young kids and turn them into consistent, mature players like Jarryd Cole. This does not happen overnight. I believe that we have a talented coach who has selected diamonds in the rough and will turn them into good players. This goes for Mel, McCabe, Marble, and White. Not to mention Josh Oglesby, who to me looks like a more skilled offensive player than Matt Gatens in his first year. He shoots the 3 well, makes the shot fake and hits medium range jumpers, and has some nice moves along the baseline to his credit. We are stuck with these guys and commited to them at least in my case and I am willing to trust Fran's judgment that they can be trained to get the job done given time.

Unfortunately until we get the new recruits in, this team remains the least athletic in the big ten. Sure you can compensate for deficiencies in athleticism if you get hustle and smart play, but the dreadful performance on Sunday certainly left some doubts as to whether ot not this team has either of those attributes. If they don't suck it up and start playing with some fire, they may not win a conference game. We looked like a non conference patsy Creighton brought in to whip up on--dominated in every aspect of the game.

Even with talent, if you don't play hard...you get beat. This team will lose fans quickly if hustle is not happening.

God that was painful to watch!! Lack of effort to compete is one of the worst character traits to have and the way they played tonight. Sad

Old enough to accept a scholarship. These kids have been competing since they were 5 years old. Give it what you got and leave it on the floor, otherwise stay off it.

Latest posts