How many wins will it take to win the Legends Division?

You're delusional now.

You coming over with some Sparty fans this weekend to watch them get beat?

No I had the sickness the last couple of weeks so I gave my sister my ticket. She lives in Lansing. She be a Sparty hater also.

We dont hang with any Sparty fans. All my friends are Meesheegan fans. So we got a crew coming to that game. They are far more respectful.

Who said we have a great shot at winning the division!? No one has said that! I created the entire thread and I never once said that in my original post. I simply cited the fact that Chuck Long thinks the Hawks have a realistic chance to go 8-4.

People are simply saying that given the way Iowa has started the season, and the way the B10 conference looks down this year there is a chance Iowa could surprise some people. Some of you guys are so freakin negative about everything that you don't read things clearly. You just assume everyone is jumping the gun and claiming the Hawks are world beaters when that is so far from the case it's ridiculous.

you ruined it. we were having a perfectly good time in fantasy land, ignoring the guys like that guy, and you hada go an put things into perspective.

No I had the sickness the last couple of weeks so I gave my sister my ticket. She lives in Lansing. She be a Sparty hater also.

We dont hang with any Sparty fans. All my friends are Meesheegan fans. So we got a crew coming to that game. They are far more respectful.

Michigan game you say... Lets all shotgun beers together and sing merrily the Iowa Fight Song.

Freak, you in too?!?

Depends on who we lose to. If we are 6-2 with losses to Ohio and Wisconsin (undefeated against our division), we have a fine chance of going to the conference championship. If we are 6-2 with losses to Northwestern and Nebraska, we probably won't go to the championship. I should add that I fully realize how unlikely both of these scenarios are.

The Legends division team with the easiest schedule is MSU; IA, IU, PUR, Il, MI, NE, NW, & MN. Nebraska has the next easiest schedule; Il, Pur, MN, NW, MI, MSU, PSU, IA. IA, MI, and NW have the more difficult schedules, all three have OSU on the schedule, NW and IA both have WI. I'm thinking it would take 6 and 2 to win the division and Iowa's schedule looks to daunting. MSU and NE have by far the easiest path to 6 wins.

Let me get this straight. All the teams the Hawks beat this year suck... because we beat them. There is no other explanation, right? And Northern Illinois must be pretty close to sucking... because we should have beat them. Do I have it right?

Let me get this straight. All the teams the Hawks beat this year suck... because we beat them. There is no other explanation, right? And Northern Illinois must be pretty close to sucking... because we should have beat them. Do I have it right?

Yes, and every team that has beaten a team that we beat also sucks. And every team that has any sliver of a possibility of losing to Iowa also sucks, and every team that has any possibility of losing to one of those aforementioned teams also sucks. And every team that has potential of losing a home game sucks, and every team that loses to a team that has potential of losing a home game also sucks. And so on and so on...and you're left with maybe two or three teams that don't suck.

I myself think we just need to take it one game at a time. We are 1-0 in confrence and hopefully after saturday we will be 2-0 lets just worry one game at a time and maybe when the smoke clears we will be on top. GO HAWKS!

Just like last year, it will be all about injuries.

If we stay healthy in the offensive line and at QB, I see no reason why we can't win 7 or 8 games.

If we start to lose key offensive linemen (Boffeli?) or Rudock goes out, the whole scenario changes very quickly.

Iowa doesn't have enough depth to be able to absord injuries to key players.

Keep your fingers crossed because MSU is PHYSICAL

1382033_10151715191534022_196463288_n.jpg

Never saw a win against Minny carry so much weight in my life.

1382033_10151715191534022_196463288_n.jpg

Never saw a win against Minny carry so much weight in my life.

This was classic....Dinardo said that Iowa fans know about voting with the caucus's tradition. I believe this division is wide open right now, but someone like MSU could win it if they beat Iowa this week. Same with Nebby...they have an easy slate...next 4 games...Illini, Purdue, IU, and Minny....they could easily go 4-0 and be in control of the division.

This was classic....Dinardo said that Iowa fans know about voting with the caucus's tradition. I believe this division is wide open right now, but someone like MSU could win it if they beat Iowa this week. Same with Nebby...they have an easy slate...next 4 games...Illini, Purdue, IU, and Minny....they could easily go 4-0 and be in control of the division.
The only one that really counts is Minny. The head to head in division play is where the rubber hits the road. They could loose all three cross division games, beat everybody in the legends division, end up w/ a 8-4 record and go to Indy. Iowa could win the 3 cross divisions games (tOSU, Purdue, and Whisk) beat everybody in the Legends but the Huskers, be 10-2 and miss the conference championship. Only in a three way tie situation do the cross division games count.

Last edited:
It will take at least 6 wins..

I agree with this Saginaw. I think 6 wins it, and when you look at how equally matched a lot of the teams are I think whatever team(s) end up with 6 will have received at least a couple lucky bounces in their favor. It's going to be one of those years. I don't see one team dominating to the point it's clear they are the best.

Hold serve at home and beat Purdue. That would give us tiebreakers over every one but Nebraska.

Actually, the probably still wouldn't be enough since Nebraska has kind of a weak conference schedule. Plus, it hasn't really felt like Kinnick has been good home field for us in a while.

Latest posts