How many times per day do you listen to Back in Black?

The visitor sidelines are absolutely brutal with Hawk fans right up in your shit heckling you for 3 hours. No way would I want to be a Northwestern or Illinois or Indiana player losing by 22 with drunk Bettendorf natives close enough to yell in your helmet ear hole.

Bettendorf… interesting choice there

My kid’s first game we were row 1 on the north 45 yard line for the 2015 Maryland game. Didn’t see much of the game but he got high fives and selfies with Kittle, CJ, and Tevaun Smith, and Desmond King’s pick six went right in front of us. CJ was warming up between drives with Tyler Wiegers and when he was done he threw my kid the ball and let him throw it back.

It was well worth the $200-ish tickets and not seeing the game very well. He was hooked on Iowa sports from then on.
I was lucky enough to get to sit down there during the Nevada game last fall. It wasn’t because I spent a lot of money, but a friend of a friend had tickets down there and by the end of third quarter there had been three game delays and the stadium was half empty.

I got a high five from Nico Ragaini and a selfie with Tory Taylor’s brother. He was wearing a “Punting is winning” shirt and had consumed his fair share of “Foster’s”. Nice guy.

Back to the topic, Back in Black is played by me to overcome any negativity before or in the offseason, always gets me psyched for the coming year. Despite my desire as more of Flyin Herky fan, this was and is a nice addition to the game day experience. Now the over the top blare in your ear shit out of the south end zone is the most ridiculous addition that takes away from the experience at Kinnick. Every out of towner I bring to Kinnick bitches about this from ages 10 to 80.

Latest posts