How many times per day do you listen to Back in Black?

I figured you were more of a "Red Red Wine" kind of guy.

I should listen to Black in Black more often, though.

Red Red Wine was the song that made my old man check out from modern society. He mumbled something about "everything has been done." Said it was actually a Neil Diamond song. That was back in '88. Poor guy was really driven insane by the sample reliant rap music that took off a few years later. "This song is Super Freak by Rick James." "This song is Under Pressure by Queen." Blah blah blah. Now I'm that guy.

Red Red Wine was the song that made my old man check out from modern society. He mumbled something about "everything has been done." Said it was actually a Neil Diamond song. That was back in '88. Poor guy was really driven insane by the sample reliant rap music that took off a few years later. "This song is Super Freak by Rick James." "This song is Under Pressure by Queen." Blah blah blah. Now I'm that guy.

You never disappoint.

Anything but Sweet Caroline.
Buh, buh, buh! :)
I’ve been to a white out at PSU, and even though the Hawks got their asses handed to them Sweet Caroline at the end was one of the most impressive things I’ve ever seen. Over 100,000 people belting it out was something you don’t get the full feel for on TV. You could feel it. That place is just absolutely massive.

Went with my best friend and we have every intention of going back for a night game whiteout that doesn’t involve Iowa just so we can take in the experience stress-free.

PSU whiteouts should be on every die hard college football fan’s short list of stuff you need to do before you die.

Kinnick first row on the home side is another. The closest you’ll ever get to the sideline and action at a major football game.

I’ve been to a white out at PSU, and even though the Hawks got their asses handed to them Sweet Caroline at the end was one of the most impressive things I’ve ever seen. Over 100,000 people belting it out was something you don’t get the full feel for on TV. You could feel it. That place is just absolutely massive.

Went with my best friend and we have every intention of going back for a night game whiteout that doesn’t involve Iowa just so we can take in the experience stress-free.

PSU whiteouts should be on every die hard college football fan’s short list of stuff you need to do before you die.

Kinnick first row on the home side is another. The closest you’ll ever get to the sideline and action at a major football game.
I was down low at Kinnick once. Ohio State in 1988. While I think you can see better from up a little higher it was fascinating to be able to hear the "game within the game" bench chatter.

I was down low at Kinnick once. Ohio State in 1988. While I think you can see better from up a little higher it was fascinating to be able to hear the "game within the game" bench chatter.
My kid’s first game we were row 1 on the north 45 yard line for the 2015 Maryland game. Didn’t see much of the game but he got high fives and selfies with Kittle, CJ, and Tevaun Smith, and Desmond King’s pick six went right in front of us. CJ was warming up between drives with Tyler Wiegers and when he was done he threw my kid the ball and let him throw it back.

It was well worth the $200-ish tickets and not seeing the game very well. He was hooked on Iowa sports from then on.

Those seats used to be available in the student section. Glory days.
The visitor sidelines are absolutely brutal with Hawk fans right up in your shit heckling you for 3 hours. No way would I want to be a Northwestern or Illinois or Indiana player losing by 22 with drunk Bettendorf natives close enough to yell in your helmet ear hole.

Anything regarding Penn State still makes me puke, You guys can have it all day long.
Lot more cooler things in life than Pedo white outs and freaking Sweet Caroline, in the backwoods of Pennsylvania. But different things for different folks.

Anything regarding Penn State still makes me puke, You guys can have it all day long.
Lot more cooler things in life than Pedo white outs and freaking Sweet Caroline, in the backwoods of Pennsylvania. But different things for different folks.
99% of their fans that I’ve met in 3 games attended since the scandal don’t defend Paterno and are fine with him being taken out of the picture. It’s the 1% that are the loudest and get heard, and then the whole fan base gets a bad rep. Best hospitality I’ve ever experienced by the home team to people in Hawk gear.

You’re also in somewhat of a glass house yourself because much of the country looks at all of us as racists who are ok with the stuff that’s been accused of happening (true or not). We as a fan base overwhelmingly know that’s not true, but we get painted that way.

Fans are indeed not bad at all and have all weathered an awful storm. I dont necessarily have a bad feeling about the university either, have a couple of good colleagues are PSU grads and the academics are top notch. Brushing off a Doyle is easier (right or wrong) than brushing off a Sandusky is all im saying.

My kid’s first game we were row 1 on the north 45 yard line for the 2015 Maryland game. Didn’t see much of the game but he got high fives and selfies with Kittle, CJ, and Tevaun Smith, and Desmond King’s pick six went right in front of us. CJ was warming up between drives with Tyler Wiegers and when he was done he threw my kid the ball and let him throw it back.

It was well worth the $200-ish tickets and not seeing the game very well. He was hooked on Iowa sports from then on.
First game was 1981 on the 50 yd row two, Iowa vs. Nebby. Had to stand to see over Iowa's huge offensive lineman and listened to Tony Wanket's girlfriend yell "Tony, Tony" all game. Dad got the tickets from some guy who sold them for the players. Sweetest game ever, got to watch Andre Tippet all game kicking Nebby's ass. Iowa was like 40 pt. underdogs and I was too young to know better what the game meant to the crowd.

Latest posts