How many of you have worked on a BCS Conference Coaching Staff?

I'm glad this kind of thinking doesn't apply to politics. This country would have never been born if not people questioning decisions that were questionable.

And I coach both junior high and high school baseball, also help with the high school football team at Wayne when I can. I've had to deal with parents complaining. It sucks. But I'm not being paid millions of dollars to do my job, and my job security isn't based on the team's performance.

Last edited:
Just buy NCAA 12 and coach a BCS team. That is the only reason I am able to post on these boards. I had to do it to be allowed on here.
I have several National Championships. Really isn't that hard. Don't understand why Kirk can't do the same thing in real life:D

Just curious

EA Sports....It's in the game
BAM%21%21%21.gif

Ferentz is good. Ferentz is wise. Do not question the Ferentz.
Let the propaganda wagon roll on! Totalitarian rule of Hawkeye football for life!

Ditka - treetousand fifty
PSU- zero

DA BEARS.

In all seriousness, it's okay to question things like:
-why did we not throw the ball downfield?
-why do we manage the clock the way we do?
-why do players leave the program?

These are legit questions, and KF isn't a kid. He gets paid a LOT of money. He's a professional coach. It's his job.

On the other hand, saying "fire KF" is a bit over the top given his record at Iowa. Also, belittling college players would be over the top, IMHO.

I'll assume the point of this threads question is to say that Coach Ferentz and the staff are much wiser than us at football knowledge, what it takes to run a team, what all goes into a football game, etc. I'll agree with that fully, since I know for fact that they have all probably forgotten more about D1 football then I have ever known. I have never been on a D1 coaching staff. I was on a D3 coaching staff. I have been an elementary and middle school Baseball, Soccer, and Volleyball Coach as well but Ferentz and the gang clearly have more knowledge than I do about football. Having said that, I've never gone to culinary arts school, and i'm sure the guy off Hell's Kitchen knows way more about cooking than I do. Having said that, If Chef Ramsey cooks me something 9 out of 10 times it will probably be ridiculously well done, but he'll get some wrong. You know what, Chef Ramsey may be a 5 star Chef but I weigh 400 pounds and i know a hell of a lot about what food tastes good to me. I may not be able to tell him how to make Fillet Mignon, but I can tell him if it tastes good to me or not.

Incidentally, I wouldn't blame the coaches too much on Saturdays loss. This team is good enough to beat everyone on their schedule and to lose to everyone on their schedule, the difference is a razor thin line. Fact is from Saturday, this team isn't good enough to have its best player (Marvin Mcnutt) play that poorly. Marvin and Davis can't drop 6-7 balls between them and us to expect things to go well, end of story. The loss from Saturday is on the offenses ineptitude, which started because of, and kept going because of, wide receivers dropping the ball. You can blame Vandenburg and the OLINE and all those things but your main job as a receiver is to catch the dang ball, and when you're open you really need to catch the ball. Every drop Saturday killed a drive. Hard to find a rhythm as a QB when you put a ball perfectly on a dudes hands and he drops it, makes you alter where you want to throw the ball next time hoping to help him out cause you're thinking about the last 2 drops. I've heard people go on and on ridiculously for several weeks about how we have the best 3 deep wr core in Hawkeye History, well if thats the case, those three shouldn't be dropping 8-9 balls.

Be like Britney. It's better that way.

"Honestly, I think we should just trust our president in every decision he makes and should just support that, you know, and be faithful in what happens."

Ditka - treetousand fifty
PSU- zero

DA BEARS.

In all seriousness, it's okay to question things like:
-why did we not throw the ball downfield?
-why do we manage the clock the way we do?
-why do players leave the program?

These are legit questions, and KF isn't a kid. He gets paid a LOT of money. He's a professional coach. It's his job.

On the other hand, saying "fire KF" is a bit over the top given his record at Iowa. Also, belittling college players would be over the top, IMHO.

Racer's on it on this, boys. You have to be able to question some things. What if KF started punting on first down every time we got the ball? Game strategy is well within the bounds of appropriate fan commentary.

I'll also add to Racer's "inappropriate" list--I have a hard time listening to folks question personnel decisions or coach-player relationship tactics, due simply to the fact that we have no access to practices or any other facts necessary to make the call on these things most of the time.

Latest posts