how many of you didn't go to iowa?

Couldn't afford it but it was my first choice. Small scholly for a small state in nebby(where my distain for nebby began but at least the colors were the same). Entire family took after dad and his love for the Hawks. Sis got her Masters at Iowa. Fan since conception.

Did not attend. Been a hawk fan my whole life. I remember my 1st game, we still had astro-turf...My grandpa was even Hawk of the year in 79..

Did not attend. Became Hawk fan during 1969-70 basketball season. I also pull for Clones. More difficult since the internet. I like pulling for Iowa schools.

Currently attending Iowa. Never miss a home game. I'm a huge fan and I love to party before the football games. And before basketball games. And when I get up in the morning. And when the clock strikes the top of the hour.
I only drink top shelf liquor and my massive overbite is improving daily thanks to my liquid diet.
I've decided that the best way for me to get a job after I graduate is to be famous. So I started a twitter account. Go Hawks!!!
Follow me @VodkaSamm
drunk-girl-2.jpg

Both undergrad in 94, and graduate in 96, and life long hawkeye, attend every game home and away since 94, father a graduate in 64 and lifelong hawk been a wonderful part of our families life.

82 grad.

Saw Comming's last year and our first winning season/Rose Bowl in like forever it seemed.

Remember listening to Fry's "welcome aboard" press conference on the radio.

Quite exciting.

My last 3-years on campus saw Gable, Lute and Hayden (along with AD Bump Elliot) doing their thing(s).....a hall of fame collection!

Both of my parents graduated from Iowa. My mother rode a train (designated for Iowa students) to Pasedena to watch the Hawks in the 1959 Rose Bowl. She attended every home game that season.

I obviously grew up as a Hawk fan, and had my heart set on attending Iowa. My dad became very sick with Leukemia when I was in junior high. He was treated at U of I hospitals for many years. Those treatments included 2 different bone marrow transplants. Long story short, Leukemia eventually took my dad's life, and he died at U of I hospitals within months of when I was to enroll at Iowa in 1999.

I just couldn't go. Iowa City became a very sad and lonely place to me after my dad died there, so I went to UNI instead. I never regretted that decision.

But Iowa found me again. A friend gave me a "free" ticket to sit in the student section for the 2002 Iowa/ISU game. While we all know how the game turned out, it rekindled my love for everything Iowa.

I have been a season ticket holder at Kinnick since 2003, and have only missed 1 home game since then.

Iowa picks you. Not the other way around. That's what I have learned.

Both of my parents graduated from Iowa. My mother rode a train (designated for Iowa students) to Pasedena to watch the Hawks in the 1959 Rose Bowl. She attended every home game that season.

I obviously grew up as a Hawk fan, and had my heart set on attending Iowa. My dad became very sick with Leukemia when I was in junior high. He was treated at U of I hospitals for many years. Those treatments included 2 different bone marrow transplants. Long story short, Leukemia eventually took my dad's life, and he died at U of I hospitals within months of when I was to enroll at Iowa in 1999.

I just couldn't go. Iowa City became a very sad and lonely place to me after my dad died there, so I went to UNI instead. I never regretted that decision.

But Iowa found me again. A friend gave me a "free" ticket to sit in the student section for the 2002 Iowa/ISU game. While we all know how the game turned out, it rekindled my love for everything Iowa.

I have been a season ticket holder at Kinnick since 2003, and have only missed 1 home game since then.

Welcome back to the Hawks, Intimidator.

Pretty long way of saying you're a TavernHokk.

Latest posts