how many of you didn't go to iowa?

Never went to Iowa. But my money did. Sent two kids to Iowa. My father was a fan from back in the knot hole gang days. Lots of family members went to Iowa. One (sigh) went to Clown college.
They can't ALL be perfect, Denis...I'm sure the one bad apple has other traits that make up for it...hopefully...

I grew up and live in TN but I've always been a Hawkeye fan. My first game I can remember watching was Iowa vs michigan and I hage loved the Hawkeyes since. GO HAWKS!
This is pretty damn cool...because around here we only see it for other teams not from here.

1993 grad and loved every minute. Now a season ticket holder for basketball and football, and adequate contributor to the U. Oh wait, is that me or am I really an alt?

I never went to Iowa, but my wife is a gradute. I've only been to one game where I watched Shonn Greene run over Wisconsin in 2008. Not much beats attending a home win at Kinnick.

TarvernHok since I was but a wee tot...The Hawkeyes had me from the moment Hayden asked the Steelers (my favorite NFL team) for permission to use their color scheme and the Steelers not only said yes, but sent them actual Steeler uniforms to use...#rooneyfamilyrules

TarvernHok since I was but a wee tot...The Hawkeyes had me from the moment Hayden asked the Steelers (my favorite NFL team) for permission to use their color scheme and the Steelers not only said yes, but sent them actual Steeler uniforms to use...#rooneyfamilyrules

wait, is that really how it went down? don't troll me bud!

I never went to Iowa, but my wife is a gradute. I've only been to one game where I watched Shonn Greene run over Wisconsin in 2008. Not much beats attending a home win at Kinnick.

I believe Hayden even mentions it in his book..."A High Porch Picnic" available in hard cover AND paperback at a fine, MIGHTY fine retailer near you...

I SAID DON'T TROLL ME!!!

;)

i know he wanted to do it after the Steelers, but didn't know that he asked them and all that.

Shane Einstein!!!!!!!!!!

Long post!!!!!!

Yep, me too...my family is split between Iowa and Iowa State, but always been the Hawks for me!
UNI, but grew up a hawk fan. Even though the panther football games were free to students, I rarely went cuz i would be watching the hawks game on tv. When the hawks came to CF for basketball I was booed by our entire student section when I showed up supporting my black and gold.

Sophomore at ISU (I know, I know). First Hawk game was in 0'4 against Purdue. I remember Clinton Solomon being my favorite player and I wanted his jersey soo bad as a 10 year old. After that I usually went to atleast one B1G home game every year. Haven't been to Kinnick since '11 when we played MSU at home and got destroyed, year before that was Wisky :( and in 0'9 against NW so Im on a 3 game losing streak at Kinnick. Didn't see the Hawks in person at all last year but got the opportunity to be booed in the ISU student section this year wearing Black and Gold! While I admit I am no longer 100% anti ISU I will cheer for them when they are not playing the Hawks and when ignorant kids who think ISU has always been better than the Hawks in football because they won 2 straight years I calmly explain to them how ISU has no tradition, no B12 title wins, nor BCS bowl wins and they will dumbly respond with "So we won last year so teh Hoks suck!" Haven't heard much since 9/14.

Sophomore at ISU (I know, I know). First Hawk game was in 0'4 against Purdue. I remember Clinton Solomon being my favorite player and I wanted his jersey soo bad as a 10 year old. After that I usually went to atleast one B1G home game every year. Haven't been to Kinnick since '11 when we played MSU at home and got destroyed, year before that was Wisky :( and in 0'9 against NW so Im on a 3 game losing streak at Kinnick. Didn't see the Hawks in person at all last year but got the opportunity to be booed in the ISU student section this year wearing Black and Gold! While I admit I am no longer 100% anti ISU I will cheer for them when they are not playing the Hawks and when ignorant kids who think ISU has always been better than the Hawks in football because they won 2 straight years I calmly explain to them how ISU has no tradition, no B12 title wins, nor BCS bowl wins and they will dumbly respond with "So we won last year so teh Hoks suck!" Haven't heard much since 9/14.

So you are saying you have 3 years left to fully convert to the good guys? I like it! :eek:

Wanted a Catholic education, so I came to MN to go to the University of St. Thomas. ...later got a degree from Notre Dame for whom I hold a soft spot. Still bleed black and gold and shout "go, Hawks" when ever I see a Hawkeye in the Twin Cities!

Grew up going to hawk games with my parents since the time I was a fetus. We had season tickets in the very last row, about the 40 yard line, looking right at the parking garage by the hospital (when you look that way). I remember my dad hating that walk up cause he had bad knees. Black and Gold my whole life. When it was time to go to college, went to Drake, worked on the staff of the football team but on off weeks would try and sneak to Iowa City to watch the Hawks. Had Hawk stuff up in my room all the time. When basketball season hit I would gladly get my free student tickets to see the Hawks play the Bulldogs at the Knapp Center. Definitely rooted for the Black and Gold!!!!

Became a Hawkeye fan because of Randy Lewis - football fan despite the coaches b4 Hayden. And 1 guy I went to college with at Briar Cliff - he needed help fending off the cornholers...

So - i did not attend Iowa for classes, but attended for the FB games - and fun

Latest posts