How many of you are having a hard time getting behind this year's Hawks?

Always get behind the teams. That isn't hard. More about how much confidence you have in the teams. Certainly quite a bit in some areas like Wrestling, WBB, Baseball. The two most popular Mens BB and Football while you should be 100% behind them you can't have high confidence in them coming through in big situations. Both regular season-enders at home against Nebraska were both worrisome going in. You can play dumb and have amnesia and just blindly pretend we will kick ass but with no offense the football team was a scary situation. Frans team that is way too up and down except for the consistent lack of good defense was a worry against a Nebraska team that had played well in 4 games and 2/3rds against MSU. We were 5-5 before MSU and played 38 plus bad minutes against MSU then 46 good minutes but Indiana was just one game where they may just not have had it. I didn't just take those 46 minutes and say everything is fixed and we will roll from here Nebraska is road kill. It was 50/50 going in. You can only be as confident as what you see out there on the field or the court.

I also watched every Lick game also

Highlights were beating ranked Michigan State

And Little Lick going crazy against Purdue
I saw all of Lick’s games as well. I stayed on his side for likely longer than I should have. I would add one more highlight to your list: Lick gets fired.

Missing the BT football championship game, and then not finishing 2nd in basketball, both at the hands of Nebraska, is about more than
I can handle. Sadly, we were significantly better than Nebbie in both cases.

Missing the BT football championship game, and then not finishing 2nd in basketball, both at the hands of Nebraska, is about more than
But we lost.
Both cases.
This is what's known as denial. The first stage of grief.

yes, and we pooped the sheets twice.

I don't know if that's what I'd call alive, but it's definitely cancelled out by your hatred for Iowa basketball (and maybe sports in general).
?? No hate, they are just a hard act to follow along with this season. You never know if you'll get a good effort or a terd.

I saw all of Lick’s games as well. I stayed on his side for likely longer than I should have. I would add one more highlight to your list: Lick gets fired.
I don't remember many of the games those 3 years. It was a fairly boring brand of basketball as I recall, and sometimes hard to watch.

No problem getting behind this team to answer OP question. I don't see how you couldn't??

On fire shooting from Nebby and the unfortunate 8/22 from Kris sealed the deal unfortunately. Sometimes he just shoots too much imo.
When his 3 isn't falling he needs to be more assertive in the paint, IMHO.

I'm watching this year but just not excited about them. Fran's team has just played me too many times. Defense is not optional in the Dance. Shooters get shut down, end of story.

Let the young men play the game and we'll see what happens. Like most, they've had some ups and downs (kind of extreme on both ends) , but on a stage I'll never experience. I could maybe of been a decent towel boy. I'm excited for the post season and the opportunities that are there. I hope they have a great plan!

Count me as one, right now, to pick them as first round OUTS in both the BTT and the Dance. Not getting burned again.

If we get bonged in the first round of the dance someone needs to change this guy's username to Nostradamus. Excellent post, xir.

Latest posts