How many losses would it take for Kirk to get shown the door?

How many losses would it take for Kirk to get canned?

• Total voters
10?
9?
8?
Doesn't matter...

I don't believe he thinks he is doing anything wrong, so I wouldn't expect him to leave if he went 2-10.

I wonder how many people would be banned by Miller if we lost the rest of our games? I'd be tossed after homecoming.
I'm amazed that anyone is still that emotionally invested. I checked out mentally after the Wisconsin fake punt. I still go to all the games, but my heart is barely in it.

I'm amazed that anyone is still that emotionally invested. I checked out mentally after the Wisconsin fake punt. I still go to all the games, but my heart is barely in it.

That is the correct answer, but with so much time to talk college football, we were being suckered in, yet again, on expectations.
We had expectations in 2005 and, especially in 2010, and we were let down.
I started to buy into these expectations, and got too emotionally involved.
This loss is going to stain for quite some time, unless we roll off 7 straight victories, prior to the Wisconsin game.

No matter how many more loses we have this season, Kirk will still be there, unless he leaves upon his own accord. Not. Going. To. Happen. Sorry, guys.

Dumb thread. He will be the head coach no matter what. Davis needs to go though. Let brian take a shot. Seems from twitter that he can talk crap about the kinnick experience and get away with it. Maybe he's the only one that can make this super uber conservative offense into somthing, bc he can tell dad what's up.

Better question is how many losses would it take for Greg Davis and Gary Barta to get shown the door?

Losing out and 1 or more losses to one of the FCS schools (ISUck included) we play beginning of '15 and heads will roll... either by university leaders or fans with pitchforks.

But I also think it is not about losing but about how a game is played... the funk wafting off of the field after UNI and Ball State was palpable. If KF is ultimately responsible for what goes on down on the field than Barta is ultimately responsible for what goes on down on the field. IMHO Barta should be dismissed if KF and GD are dismissed.

Last edited:
Yeah, like Barta's gonna fire him even if we lose the next 20 games.

I'm sure we'll circle the wagons enough to get 6 or 7 wins and go to the Champ Sports Bowl or something. Only because we play in the pathetic Big 10 though.

If Iowa bough out Kirk's contract it would cost Iowa $2,629,704 per year. Not including the remainder of this season, it would cost Iowa $13,148,520.

It's not going to happen. You all need to get use to the fact that Ferentz is here until 2020.

If Iowa bough out Kirk's contract it would cost Iowa $2,629,704 per year. Not including the remainder of this season, it would cost Iowa $13,148,520.

It's not going to happen. You all need to get use to the fact that Ferentz is here until 2020.

2020 is a little extreme. If things continue to go bad I think teh university will move once teh buy out gets under $10 million.

Maybe he will just retire............no, no that's not going to happen either. My guess is we have him to 3-4 more seasons minimum.

10?
9?
8?
Doesn't matter...

I don't believe he thinks he is doing anything wrong, so I wouldn't expect him to leave if he went 2-10.

2-10 won't do it, two more seasons of 2-10 might do it. I don't think there is any way in hell that Barta would buy our his contract until the buyout amount drops to the $3-4 million. Barta goes before Ferentz, he ran the titanic into the iceberg (iceberg was the 10 year extension), now he's going down with this ship.

Latest posts