How Many Games Do You Plan On Attending This Year?

Also, I used to have Kurt Warner's cellphone #.
Classiest dude to ever play the game. We'd have him on the air regularly once he made the Rams team. Never though when he was a Barnstormer. We never seemed to cover them. He was on the air the day before the Trent went down. He kept coming on for the first few weeks. When it went really really crazy for him, he basically said "Look guys, this is unlike anything that's ever happened to me. I still have to play football and the demands on my life are crazy. I can't keep coming on regularly. But I promise I'll come on when I can. I'll call you."

I think he called in once briefly and then once deep into the playoffs. And once after the SB.

Totally sorry I highjacked this thread. I love everything about Iowa. And when I can talk about my experiences in Iowa with people who 'get it'....I get carried away. I'm worse now that I have a son studying at Iowa.

Come on man. You live minutes away from Kinnick. Get your ass down to one.

I know. I was going to buy the 3 or 4 game package but was late on that as we went on vacation around that time.. I'll still try to prob see if can get to a game with the boys.

I was going to say zero, but Me and OKeef were going to do the "cross country pick you up and go to a game" tour that starts in North Carolina.

If the hawks land the Mayo Bowl in Charlotte maybe I'll go.

I'll be in Iowa City for Iowa State and Wisconsin but probably not at the game(s)

Watch out on November 12 when we rent a party bus and bring about 15 Badger friends down. We don't take our tailgating lightly. When they take a party bus to two Packer games every fall they've been known to average a bottle of booze apiece (I've never made that trip and am none the worse for wesr)

Some of my friends have never been to Kinnick. It's always conflicted with the aforementioned Packer weekends (where they have split season tickets) or other variables.

That will change this year. My neighbor can't wait.

I was going to say zero, but Me and OKeef were going to do the "cross country pick you up and go to a game" tour that starts in North Carolina.

If the hawks land the Mayo Bowl in Charlotte maybe I'll go.
If the Hawks are ever in the Music City Bowl I'm in.

I fricking LOVE Nashville. It's driving distance for us (about nine hours). And three or four days is the perfect dose of it (add one day in the summer because you gotta rent a pontoon boat for an afternoon).

I'll be in Iowa City for Iowa State and Wisconsin but probably not at the game(s)

Watch out on November 12 when we rent a party bus and bring about 15 Badger friends down. We don't take our tailgating lightly. When they take a party bus to two Packer games every fall they've been known to average a bottle of booze apiece (I've never made that trip and am none the worse for wesr)

Some of my friends have never been to Kinnick. It's always conflicted with the aforementioned Packer weekends (where they have split season tickets) or other variables.

That will change this year. My neighbor can't wait.
I have brought several of my Badger friends to Kinnick; even one Penn St. fan. To a person, they loved the experience. Highlights were friendly fans, the tailgate extravaganza, the stadium, the home crowd involvement, the student support, the Wave, Back in Black Swarm.
They were stunned at the proximity of the athletic facilities. Football, Basketball, Baseball, + softball. field hockey, indoor track, etc.

Also have brought folks to CHA for BB and Wrestling. Honestly, they loved the unique arrangement of the venue. So there!

I have brought several of my Badger friends to Kinnick; even one Penn St. fan. To a person, they loved the experience. Highlights were friendly fans, the tailgate extravaganza, the stadium, the home crowd involvement, the student support, the Wave, Back in Black Swarm.
They were stunned at the proximity of the athletic facilities. Football, Basketball, Baseball, + softball. field hockey, indoor track, etc.

Also have brought folks to CHA for BB and Wrestling. Honestly, they loved the unique arrangement of the venue. So there!
When Wisconsin played basketball at the UW Fieldhouse you couldn't get any closer to the football stadium.

It literally butted up against the south end zone of Camp Randall.

I think what endears people to Kinnick when they visit the first time are two things-the incredible sight lines and the close proximity to the field.

Great to see that your friends have enjoyed the entire Iowa City experience. It's similar to, but a much smaller version of, Madison.

It's just too difficult for me as I have two prosthetic legs now. I'll definitely make the Wartburg at Central game, though!

Every home game same as the last 30 years. Of course having my daughter in the band really means I won't be missing any for a few years here. Not sure about Ohio State. Band is going there so very tempted.

One home and one at Illinois, never been there but got good seats leaving Friday and staying at a AB&B. Seeing the Nevada night game, might try for a couple of tickets later in season if demand goes down (which I not rooting for mind you). The prices for even the less popular games is crazy right now. Think I'm going to save my money and try for a bowl trip this year.

It's just too difficult for me as I have two prosthetic legs now. I'll definitely make the Wartburg at Central game, though!
If you ever get the chance and still want to go shoot me a PM. My group and I will help you get around or pick you up if needed. No joke. We tailgate in the Myrtle area and whether it’s a wheelchair or whatever we’ll get you where you need to go and back.

Our group isn’t flaky and we’re not drunks, thieves, or axe murderers. Either way just keep it in mind as a standing offer, no strings.

If you need a reference I can have Tom or Terry Brands or their mom Bonnie vouch for us personally.

I think what endears people to Kinnick when they visit the first time are two things-the incredible sight lines and the close proximity to the field.

Heard that many times. There isn’t a bad place to sit in Kinnick and there’s no college stadium with seating even remotely as close. Even though we’re only 70,000 it can sound like 100,000 with the proximity.

If you ever get the chance and still want to go shoot me a PM. My group and I will help you get around or pick you up if needed. No joke. We tailgate in the Myrtle area and whether it’s a wheelchair or whatever we’ll get you where you need to go and back.

Our group isn’t flaky and we’re not drunks, thieves, or axe murderers. Either way just keep it in mind as a standing offer, no strings.

If you need a reference I can have Tom or Terry Brands or their mom Bonnie vouch for us personally. :)
That documentary they did on the Brands and back in their home town was outstanding. A good watch for anybody who wants to seek it out. It's absolutely terrific. Even my wife stayed glued to the TV.

You state now, like it is a relatively recent development. May I as how long you have had the prosthetics?

I knew a young guy years ago who had two prosthetics, at the knee I think. He does wonderfully. They sure have come a long way over the years regarding the technology. Much better than 40 years ago. Good luck.

Since I have season tickets: planning on 6, maybe 7. Have family/friends drivers set up for every game, and I can usually pull off 2 straight home games, but not sure I've ever gotten to 3 in a row due to heart fatigue. Would love to get to that Nevada night game, tho.

Latest posts