How inept is Iowas Offense?

archiehawk

Turn on the Nebby game and watch then run on wiskys D. If it weren't for Martinez screwing up nebby would be in a position to go ahead..

It is interesting how fast and physical PSU & Wisconsin's D looked against Iowa. But not so much against Nebraska, Illinois, Indiana (without their starting QB & top WR) and Minnesota.

Our QB has as much clutch as an automatic car.

The line can’t block, the receivers can’t separate and the backs can’t find holes.

It’s all brought together by the worst offensive scheme and play calling in all of college football.

Look this offense is confused, uncoordinated (not the players the brain trust running it) and even though I"m gonna say 9-3 or 8-4 which I would've considered a successful season it hasn't been all roses (speaking of which with a competent offense we would've been in the Rose Bowl possibly). It's been a disgrace. How can you keep BF and Polashek in charge of a failed plan like this. It's ashame really.

As inept as Nate wants us to be

The offense is based on running the football and play action. We suck at running the football. How is that on Nate?

It's super easy to blame the quarterback for everything. You don't have to know anything to do that. We have a mess of a run game. Start there.

The offense is based on running the football and play action. We suck at running the football. How is that on Nate?

It's super easy to blame the quarterback for everything. You don't have to know anything to do that. We have a mess of a run game. Start there.

I get we didn’t run the ball well. That said I watched the game with my eyes today and Nate left LOTS of points on that field today in case you didn’t watch the same game I did.

I get we didn’t run the ball well. That said I watched the game with my eyes today and Nate left LOTS of points on that field today in case you didn’t watch the same game I did.

You're right about that. We agree there. I think Iowa ran for 79 rushing yards. Iowa frequently loses when they rush for less than 100. Everyone knows that. Nate also made some pretty amazing plays today. I get it, you blame all of the offensive woes on Nate. Whatevs. We have a pretty lackluster interior line. Think that matters, pal?

Well if we just had top thirty offense the last four years we would have won our division at the very least twice and likely three times with an outside shot at going four for four.

Defense has been more than adequate to accomplish that but the the offense is a failure.

Top 30

let’s just shoot for top 70

this was one of the worst offenses of the KF era. They accumulated yards but were just horrible at scoring

we can’t run because teams have figured out our running scheme plus our tendencies

teams are willing to gamble on a run 1st down 80% of the time leaving us with 2nd and long which means two passes

Top 30

let’s just shoot for top 70

this was one of the worst offenses of the KF era. They accumulated yards but were just horrible at scoring

we can’t run because teams have figured out our running scheme plus our tendencies

teams are willing to gamble on a run 1st down 80% of the time leaving us with 2nd and long which means two passes

Exactly. So frustrating to watch everyone flow to the ball on 1st down runs for a 2 yard loss. Facepalm.

You're right about that. We agree there. I think Iowa ran for 79 rushing yards. Iowa frequently loses when they rush for less than 100. Everyone knows that. Nate also made some pretty amazing plays today. I get it, you blame all of the offensive woes on Nate. Whatevs. We have a pretty lackluster interior line. Think that matters, pal?

It matters, but that was poor performance by Nate today. Iowa hasn’t run the ball well for 3 years.

I'm not sure Iowa will be in the top 100 in scoring offense this year, but we will be top 5 in scoring defense.

It matters, but that was poor performance by Nate today. Iowa hasn’t run the ball well for 3 years.
And who has been the OC for those three years? Brian Ferentz.
Some would say it’s not BF’s fault...our OL has been the problem. The OL of the last three seasons was recruited 3-4 years preceding those seasons... 2013 through 2016 recruiting classes. And who was the OL coach who recruited this talent? Brian Ferentz.
I have to say his fingerprints are all over the OL / OC problems.

Latest posts