How in the world can this be....

I just logged on here to make a post about the exact same thing. There are about 5 players on this court that could make a difference on our team. I bet we will see that every small conference team in this tournament will have the same kind of players.

Edge and Jenkins on FDU could start right now for us. So you know, not a one player on FDU was even rated coming out of high school.

Edge and Jenkins on FDU could start right now for us. So you know, not a one player on FDU was even rated coming out of high school.

So either somebody had a good eye for talent, or they were good at developing their players. Maybe a combination of the two. Either way...

So either somebody had a good eye for talent, or they were good at developing their players. Maybe a combination of the two. Either way...

My guess is there are probably 250 small schools trying to find diamonds in the rough every year. It would be a statistical improbablility for none of them to succeed. The ones who succeed end up in the tournament.

But, but Connor was a 4 star pg recruit...
Pat was a 5 star recruit at one time.
Have faith, folks. The McCafferys will git r done.

tenor.gif

I know how Jenkins got to FDU. All of the P6 coaches said "Too small". His travel team HC got him recruited there. He's a good dude.

Jenkins was the best player on the floor. When they played Rutgers this year he was 3/10 from the floor with 4 turnovers. These were 16 seeds guys.

Actually, to me it seems really simple. There are just a ton of really good basketball players out there. I see at least one even on the cupcakes we play early season. Finding them is another matter.

All of this poses a great question though. One would think that all the tall players, big players with athleticism, lanky tall players with length that can shoot, etc. are all scouted very well because they are rare. We don't have anyone that was not recruited on our team and most are mr. basketball players in their states.

To me, the easiest players to find are the short, quick and shifty guards because all the lower teams have guys like that. So I guess that means that Fran doesn't want or think we need guys like that when all of us think we do because those guys blister us.

So without being sarcastic, what do you all think Fran's plan is? He has to have one.

How does Belmont have two white guys more athletic than any of Iowa’s white players?

I just logged on here to make a post about the exact same thing. There are about 5 players on this court that could make a difference on our team. I bet we will see that every small conference team in this tournament will have the same kind of players.

If this is true then Fran must be one hell of a coach to even get us to a 10 seed in the Dance. You know, since basketball is a guard-driven league.

Fran can't suck as a recruiter and a head coach, seeing how we've made the Dance 4 out of 6 years. Both can't be true.