How in the world can this be....

Jenkins was the best player on the floor. When they played Rutgers this year he was 3/10 from the floor with 4 turnovers. These were 16 seeds guys.

If those guards can be somewhat competitive with Gonzaga than maybe some of the posters here have a point. But reality says they'll probably lose that game by 35/40 points and their guards will struggle to do anything against a real P6 team.

If those guards can be somewhat competitive with Gonzaga than maybe some of the posters here have a point. But reality says they'll probably lose that game by 35/40 points and their guards will struggle to do anything against a real P6 team.
Exactly. People forget we had Trey Dickerson a lightning quick guard and it didn’t really pan out that well for us. He ended up being solid at a smaller level school which was a better fit.

The thing about the game last night was was PV’s tallest guys were 6’7 / 205 which is Baer’s size. So yes it’s great to have the quickness to go around someone but at the B1G level you might be looking at 6’11 trees down there not 6’7 wings.

Again, I totally agree with the premise that Iowa needs to upgrade their quickness, but the majority of these kids (sans JA Morant) are at the level they are at for a reason. Hopefully Joe T is the answer we are looking for.

Exactly. People forget we had Trey Dickerson a lightning quick guard and it didn’t really pan out that well for us. He ended up being solid at a smaller level school which was a better fit.

The thing about the game last night was was PV’s tallest guys were 6’7 / 205 which is Baer’s size. So yes it’s great to have the quickness to go around someone but at the B1G level you might be looking at 6’11 trees down there not 6’7 wings.

Again, I totally agree with the premise that Iowa needs to upgrade their quickness, but the majority of these kids (sans JA Morant) are at the level they are at for a reason. Hopefully Joe T is the answer we are looking for.

Trey Dickerson ended up at Georgetown. He transferred again, maybe even two more times after Iowa. He played a little bit but was a non-factor. I'm sure if he would've stuck it out he may have helped the team. Heck maybe even been a starter by his senior year.

Trey Dickerson ended up at Georgetown. He transferred again, maybe even two more times after Iowa. He played a little bit but was a non-factor. I'm sure if he would've stuck it out he may have helped the team. Heck maybe even been a starter by his senior year.

He had a negative BPM at every school he played for, including his "good year" at South Dakota. Also, during that year at South Dakota, he had a lower defensive rating than Bohannon has and it was against weaker competition. Unfortunately, I don't think he would have helped.

Actually, to me it seems really simple. There are just a ton of really good basketball players out there. I see at least one even on the cupcakes we play early season. Finding them is another matter.
They also have to get along with guys on the roster at the time. And they have to have good enough academics to get into Iowa.

How does Belmont have two white guys more athletic than any of Iowa’s white players?
Are they 2 guys Iowa ever would have seen, heard of, known about...? It’s a serious question because I don’t know.

And will people watch us the next 4 years and say...How the hell did Iowa get Joe T. to go play in the Midwest? He was only recruited by mid majors. Maybe we just did what’s being discussed and don’t know it yet. Fingers crossed!

Are they 2 guys Iowa ever would have seen, heard of, known about...? It’s a serious question because I don’t know.

And will people watch us the next 4 years and say...How the hell did Iowa get Joe T. to go play in the Midwest? He was only recruited by mid majors. Maybe we just did what’s being discussed and don’t know it yet. Fingers crossed!
I was just joining the trend that our players suck and that 16-17 win teams are far better and play-in and #15-16seeds have better players.

I was just joining the trend that our players suck and that 16-17 win teams are far better and play-in and #15-16seeds have better players.
I understand. I was trying to echo your position. I see Rob just posted a thread about a walk on guard from Sioux City East. The only schools showing interest are schools close enough to Sioux City to have seen him play. Is he one of these guys? Is he a Baer? Who knows.

Those of us that have been around awhile remember Kyle Galloway. He played at Sioux City West and walked on at Iowa. He was a very solid player...good shooter and high basketball IQ. It’s s shame he had back problems and had to give up basketball.

I understand. I was trying to echo your position. I see Rob just posted a thread about a walk on guard from Sioux City East. The only schools showing interest are schools close enough to Sioux City to have seen him play. Is he one of these guys? Is he a Baer? Who knows.
Dude, you’re likely speaking with the McCafferty household burner account on HN.

I like that Jenkins kid but he's basically Bohannon. Except he gets his points closer to the basket/ not a very good 3pt shooter. If we traded Jenkins for Bohannon, it would be close to an even swap as far as impact on the games. Both avg 13 ppg as SO. Both have 2 to 1 asst to TO ratio. Both are minus defenders.

"How do we not get anybody like that? ... It's just year after year after year, go get a quality piece like that. Just get one!
We get Maishe Dailey. Dribbles into a double-team with his head down."

For the record, I wasnt saying our players suck. To the contrary actually, I think we have some very very good players. Jbo is the best shooter we have had in a very long time, Tyler is an athletic mismatch, Luka is very skilled offensively as well is Kriener, and Joe may be our best all around player. Even Moss has a lot of game.

But what we lack is a quick guard with handles. I am not saying that person needs to be the focal point of our offense, but a player that can defend and break down a defense with the dribble would be a great addition to give this team a different matchup.

I have watched every Iowa game. Who handles the ball really? Who is our point guard? Is it everyone by committee? Is it Jbo, our best shooter? Is it CMac when he is in? What exactly is our offense aside from a high post with a player who doesnt roll to the basket and cant shoot and a guard who cant drive?

If we are playing with what we have, i would like to see Moss at the point and Jbo at the 2, joe at the 3 and kriener and luka as stretch 4's. Moss has the quickness to drive, has the best mid range game and can shoot 3's, and it would put some pressure on the defense. Yet he never handles the ball at the top of the key. Am I really wrong here? Fran has an idea of what he wants it to look like and that isnt it, so what is it?

For the record, I wasnt saying our players suck. To the contrary actually, I think we have some very very good players. Jbo is the best shooter we have had in a very long time, Tyler is an athletic mismatch, Luka is very skilled offensively as well is Kriener, and Joe may be our best all around player. Even Moss has a lot of game.

But what we lack is a quick guard with handles. I am not saying that person needs to be the focal point of our offense, but a player that can defend and break down a defense with the dribble would be a great addition to give this team a different matchup.

I have watched every Iowa game. Who handles the ball really? Who is our point guard? Is it everyone by committee? Is it Jbo, our best shooter? Is it CMac when he is in? What exactly is our offense aside from a high post with a player who doesnt roll to the basket and cant shoot and a guard who cant drive?

If we are playing with what we have, i would like to see Moss at the point and Jbo at the 2, joe at the 3 and kriener and luka as stretch 4's. Moss has the quickness to drive, has the best mid range game and can shoot 3's, and it would put some pressure on the defense. Yet he never handles the ball at the top of the key. Am I really wrong here? Fran has an idea of what he wants it to look like and that isnt it, so what is it?
The problem is Moss has terrible handles.

Moss can't play without the basketball. That makes for a terrible PG.