How important is a BTT double bye?

My question, seriously, is....what does the BTT matter regarding the NCAA seeding? I say not much.

Oh, maybe a one-seed bump for the BTT winner, and maybe a one-seed downgrade if you lose immediately. But realistically, it's merely a money maker.

Other than that, I think the entire five month body of work makes for a more compelling NCAA seeding argument.

I'm not too concerned with getting the double bye or not but getting a double bye means more wins in the regular season. Thus a better seed in the NCAA tournament. I just want wins.

The heck with the double bye, I want the 1 seed. I think that would mean the end to regular season went rather well. :)

My question, seriously, is....what does the BTT matter regarding the NCAA seeding? I say not much.

Oh, maybe a one-seed bump for the BTT winner, and maybe a one-seed downgrade if you lose immediately. But realistically, it's merely a money maker.

Other than that, I think the entire five month body of work makes for a more compelling NCAA seeding argument.

It probably affects the bubble teams more than anything.

But I'd like to see Iowa have a shot at winning the Big Ten tournament. I'm sure if they did that it could improve their seeding in the NCAA.

I always want to win the BTT. The double bye helps tremendously. But I think it means little to nothing relative to NCAA Tournament.

Call me crazy...... I think it is more important how Iowa finishes the regular season than it is to win the BTT.