How how how can u justify not firing Greg Davis?

WindyCityHawkI

We have played 3 awful defenses in the past 4 weeks, and we managed what 200 yards at home today against Purdue? What a JOKE. How could you possibly keep 80 yr old Greg Davis?? He is not some up and comer, fire him AsAP

You're right. He has been given his three years to bring in his own recruits. And these kids that played today, that he was responsible for recruiting, aren't cutting it. They aren't cutting it because of play calling, and lack of execution has nothing to do with it. And he is also responsible for the injuries on the O Line, as well as poor defensive play.

You're right. He has been given his three years to bring in his own recruits. And these kids that played today, that he was responsible for recruiting, aren't cutting it. They aren't cutting it because of play calling, and lack of execution has nothing to do with it. And he is also responsible for the injuries on the O Line, as well as poor defensive play.

Nope, he's just responsible for the regression we've seen from Vandy and the lack of improvement from any of our skill position players. Good programs recognize when something isn't working out and cut their losses. Bielema with his OL coach, the Lakers with Mike Brown. Why should he get three years when it's obvious he's not the best man for this job?

It's not clear to me yet. We had seniors with dropped passes today. JVB's play, although not stellar, was acceptable today. He had no time to throw the ball. I'm not sure after 10 games you can place the blame for QB regression on the OC.

Give him a shot to get his players for his system. Bill Belicheck's record was pretty terrible before Brady fell into his lap

It's not clear to me yet. We had seniors with dropped passes today. JVB's play, although not stellar, was acceptable today. He had no time to throw the ball. I'm not sure after 10 games you can place the blame for QB regression on the OC.

Well if it doesn't become clear to Ferentz until after your proposed three year waiting period, then there is a good chance Kirk will be headed out the door with him.

Well if it doesn't become clear to Ferentz until after your proposed three year waiting period, then there is a good chance Kirk will be headed out the door with him.

This I would agree with. But I doubt that we stink the palce up this bad next year, the great big unknown being QB play, and I'd guess we'd be fairly solid in 2014. If not, there needs to be a change at the top.

No doubt. KF will go down in flames with this HIRE. No Doubt.. Drops were not the reason for the loss, the Offensive Game plan is GIRLISH! AND HAS NO BALLS TO IT!!!

Nope, he's just responsible for the regression we've seen from Vandy and the lack of improvement from any of our skill position players. Good programs recognize when something isn't working out and cut their losses. Bielema with his OL coach, the Lakers with Mike Brown. Why should he get three years when it's obvious he's not the best man for this job?

Brown was fired because Kobe was butt hurt. There is no way 5 games is a big enough sample size to see how your team will end up for the season. Especially considering one of the two new superstars has been hurt the whole time.

There is no way, I repeat, NO WAY we have a QB this bad next year. A bad QB drags the offense down and that is exactly what he is doing.

We couldn't run the ball, protect the qb, catch the ball, get separation, escape pressure, tackle well on defense, pressure the qb with our front four, or convert more than one 3rd and 1 in four chances, but all these issues would be instantly fixed if we would just fire Greg Davis.

I didn't have a problem with the playcalling today in fact the 4th quarter calls were solid. Our players don't execute it's just a bad team. I want to see if Davis can tap into Texas recruiting and develop his players.

It's his first year. Good grief. Give him 5 or 6 years, if it doesn't work hire one of the Ferentz boys.

the program can't handle 5 to 6 years of horrible performance. The recruiting will drop, the attendance will drop, and then Iowa will be left behind.

Vandy is responsible for his own regression. Vandy made the same decisions with game on the line last year vs Minny as he did on 4th and 3.

Latest posts