How Host Duplex Saved HawkeyeNation.com

1.522 download. Just messing around the last 10 minutes or so I would say Chrome is noticeably faster and acceptable if you will from a lag standpoint. But IE8 has too much lag for me to want to browse the site. Which is fine at home as I will just use Chrome, but at work I've only got IE8 so won't be able to get my full HN fix at work I guess.

So you have 1.5 Mbps down at work too? Eek. Your place of employment needs to step up their Internet speeds. We have 20 Mb down and up at my work. If you can use Chrome or FF at work, at least their speeds would be higher? Maybe not, I'd hope your employer wouldn't be on dsl though. IE8 is ok at work for me with that bandwidth.

Brian-- it must be the ISP/DNS issue you mention b/c deleting my history/cache/cookies and restarting did not help. I then decided to say screw it and download Google Chrome to my work computer despite instructions from company brass not to download anything to our desktops. Unfortunately, I'm getting the same message on Crhome, that the site is temporarily down. I will let you know in a few days if I am still not able to get to the site. Thanks for your help.

Brian-- it must be the ISP/DNS issue you mention b/c deleting my history/cache/cookies and restarting did not help. I then decided to say screw it and download Google Chrome to my work computer despite instructions from company brass not to download anything to our desktops. Unfortunately, I'm getting the same message on Crhome, that the site is temporarily down. I will let you know in a few days if I am still not able to get to the site. Thanks for your help.

You need to perform a DNS flush.

How to Flush DNS

I just ran a page load test on HN football forum, HR football forum and HI FB forum. Here were the results on time it took to completely load each page:

HR: 5.3 seconds
HN: 5.4 seconds
HI: 6.4 seconds

Now, these things can change throughout the day..or minute to minute, because I ran a test a minute later, and HR was 8.0 and HN was 6.4

For the fella saying he was 1.5mbps speed on Qwest, Solid 3G connections are faster than that. It today's web world, thats pretty slow and most users are on much faster connections and most sites are developed with faster connections in mind. Just FYI

I just ran a page load test on HN football forum, HR football forum and HI FB forum. Here were the results on time it took to completely load each page:

HR: 5.3 seconds
HN: 5.4 seconds
HI: 6.4 seconds

Now, these things can change throughout the day..or minute to minute, because I ran a test a minute later, and HR was 8.0 and HN was 6.4

For the fella saying he was 1.5mbps speed on Qwest, Solid 3G connections are faster than that. It today's web world, thats pretty slow and most users are on much faster connections and most sites are developed with faster connections in mind. Just FYI

Yeah, I feel like I'm in the stone age with my connection speed, but not my fault Qwest doesn't offer a faster speed in my area.

And Stormin my employer likely has an OC3 or something, because we have about 2000 employees in my building, but it still runs slow there for some reason. My guess is the firewall bogs that all down as it checks every site you go to before allowing it to load.

Latest posts