How good was Colin Goebel?

When was it announced that he was transferring?

During KF's press conference yesterday.

The last two things, roster-wise, ColinGoebel and Reggie Spearman have bothrequested transfer releases. So we've met thoseand certainly we'll try to help them as they look fornew programs to join, and wish them all the bestas they move forward.

That's too bad, as this team is in need of lineman. Decent recruit out of Illinois. He had offers from Cincy, Illinois, Duke, Indiana, KU, Minny, Ole Miss and WVU.

The kid had better offers than 75% of our roster, and had several years left to play. I would say this is a loss.

I had hopes for him but he was not on the January 2 deeps. He got passed up, too bad he did not see fit to keep working his way up.

Wow, spoken like a true cyclone fan who knows nothing about Hawkeye football.

1. A guy not playing as a freshmen at Iowa means he must not be good? WRONG
2. A guy behind another guy on the depth chart automatically means the starter is the better player? WRONG. CJ Bethard says hello.

Great.....and meanwhile he was buried behind a bunch of 2* kids and walkons......yip big loss here.

Wow, spoken like a true cyclone fan who knows nothing about Hawkeye football.

1. A guy not playing as a freshmen at Iowa means he must not be good? WRONG
2. A guy behind another guy on the depth chart automatically means the starter is the better player? WRONG. CJ Bethard says hello.

Dude all you do is cry about anything and everything.....I mean seriously the only reason you are acting like the kid is the second coming, is because he is leaving. If he was staying and someone posted they heard how great he was doing, you'd rip him cause he was still on the team. Your sh!t gets old.

The kid had better offers than 75% of our roster, and had several years left to play. I would say this is a loss.

That has become significant with this team - I was shocked when Old Man Miller recited to Dase how few of the January two deep starters had major conference offers.

Latest posts