How good is Iowa?

10-2 is incredible. Exceeded expectations.
But..,let’s not get to far over our skis.
Not unlike 2015, we appear to have had a very fortuitous schedule. At the end of regular season, it appears we will not beat a ranked team (based on final rankings)

Hawks are overall again a Solid, not great, team. A very good defense and excellent special teams, with a awful scoring offense that was decent enough(along with a great punting game) to flip field position.

I feel like 15-20 range is about right. With even a marginally better offense, 11-15 is not unreasonable. Would take a noticeablely better offense, like top 60, to say they belong in Top 10.

We ended up not having the strongest strength of schedule, avoiding Mich, OSU, MSU.... and our best wins being against a good not great PSU team, a solid Minny team, a solid ISU team, and record aside, a decent nebby team(gag).

Iowa is a Good team. Solid. Glaring weaknesses to keep them from great.

But any time Iowa goes 10-2, and is in the hunt for the West in late Nov.... sign me up.

Go Hawks.

Hawks are overall again a Solid, not great, team. A very good defense and excellent special teams, with a awful scoring offense that was decent enough(along with a great punting game) to flip field position.

I feel like 15-20 range is about right. With even a marginally better offense, 11-15 is not unreasonable. Would take a noticeablely better offense, like top 60, to say they belong in Top 10.

We ended up not having the strongest strength of schedule, avoiding Mich, OSU, MSU.... and our best wins being against a good not great PSU team, a solid Minny team, a solid ISU team, and record aside, a decent nebby team(gag).

Iowa is a Good team. Solid. Glaring weaknesses to keep them from great.

But any time Iowa goes 10-2, and is in the hunt for the West in late Nov.... sign me up.

Go Hawks.

Hang on, Walker

Asian Celebs LXXVI | Page 104 | Lipstick Alley

:cool:

I agree. I want to play the best and see how we stand up against the best competition out there. For that to happen first we need to win the game against Nebraska (iffy) and then have an foreseeable upset of Wisconsin against Minnesota.

Just getting to the title game is a big deal. Helps with recruiting. Fans get to say we were the best in the West for one year. 2015 is quickly fading in the rear view mirror. The 2004 conference title went out with the dinosaurs. To find this acceptable is troubling.
THATS WHAT I AM TALKING ABOUT!!!

Why does everyone believe we will be playing Ohio State in Indianapolis
This is funny in hindsight, lol. I did t even watch them play and was surprised how the final score came out. When they said if Minnesota wins Iowa would play Michigan I was like Huh??????

Saturday was our Thanksgivings in our home so I was so busy cooking that the only game I watched was the Minnesota vs Wisconsin game. On every third down conversion I stopped what I was doing and walked over to the tv screen and watched the play. Never mind it is a seventy inch TV screen, Lol.

Jimbo used to say on WHO radio during big plays “Hug and kiss your radios.” My arms weren’t long enough.

9 wins, 2 losses. Probably 10 wins, maybe 11. Stop being silly.

I and many others suspected, highly maybe, that something was wrong with the offense after the Kent St and Colo St games. But still the hawk offense did well enough in the first 5 or 6 games to think they would get better. Well they got better but after the purdue and wisky games.

But the hawks as a team, including offense, stomped IU, ISU on the road, moved it well enough against PSU, and moved it fine against Maryland. We see stretches of good offense and will need it against Mich.

I and many others suspected, highly maybe, that something was wrong with the offense after the Kent St and Colo St games. But still the hawk offense did well enough in the first 5 or 6 games to think they would get better. Well they got better but after the purdue and wisky games.

But the hawks as a team, including offense, stomped IU, ISU on the road, moved it well enough against PSU, and moved it fine against Maryland. We see stretches of good offense and will need it against Mich.

I thought offensively we played our best football of the year last week. We were an incomplete pass and a fumble away from putting 40+ on them. Sure our defense and special teams came up with some huge plays, but the offense was moving the ball.

Latest posts