How does Iowa get Baer a Scholarship?

Mademyaccount4u

http://www.verbalcommits.com/schools/iowa

If I'm looking at this correctly Iowa doesn't have a scholly to give until the 2017-18 season. And with Dale Jones potentially getting a medical RS that would take up the one scholly open in the 2017-18 season, unless Fran pays for Conner.

I don't know if one of the freshmen is looking around or if there is another way to open up a scholly - maybe some rule that allows you to be over the limit for a year due to injury etc - as I really like the Freshman class.

Thanks for any information.

If someone leaves he will get theirs or Fran might pay Connors way for a year. If not Baer will just have to wait. Its not like hes going to leave.

No reason to think anyone will leave before next year. Once the pecking order is established next year whos ever at the bottom could likely leave.

Correct me if I'm wrong but Fran's son's will be able to attend the U of I for free because of there Dad being a University employee correct? Which means that they can be walk on's without having to pay tuition or using up valuable scholarships. Again I don't know the rules or details in this situation. Any help with info would be appreciated.

rwtsracefan(Dan Wemett)

I have given much thought to schollys extended and taken by children of head coaches (football and basketball), esp since very applicable at Iowa, as both coaches have kids that are studs (and most definitely worthy of schollys). Obviously, other schools wouldn't waste much effort trying to recruit another teams coaches kids, no matter how great they are.
And, we know that any BIG football or basketball coach is getting paid millions. WHY WOULDN'T OUR COACHES PAY THEIR KIDS WAY INTO SCHOOL?!?! THEY ARE ALREADY MAKING MILLIONS. Most other kids dads are NOT millionaires. In fact, for the inner city kids who tend to get most of the schollys, it's quite the opposite.
SO, IF YOU WERE THE COACH (MAKING MILLIONS), WOULDN'T YOU WANT TO USE THAT SCHOLLY TO GET ANOTHER STUD (AND PAY FOR YOUR KID, AS A WALK-ON). In essence, you would have 'extra bullets' in your holster---therefor giving you an ADVANTAGE over other coaches = better chance of success = pay raises, extended contracts, etc = MORE MILLIONS.
Don't get me wrong, KF and FM have kids that are studs and deserving of schollys. I would just love to see them use that to their advantage (especially since IA tends to have many recruiting disadvantages already against them).
Thoughts on this? Any NCAA rules against doing this?

As much as coaches get paid now, why wouldn't a coach pay for his own kids' way to keep a scholarship open and make his team better so he can keep getting paid what coaches are getting paid?

This isn't a question directed at Fran. Just a general question.

Correct me if I'm wrong but Fran's son's will be able to attend the U of I for free because of there Dad being a University employee correct? Which means that they can be walk on's without having to pay tuition or using up valuable scholarships. Again I don't know the rules or details in this situation. Any help with info would be appreciated.

rwtsracefan(Dan Wemett)

Who told you that university employee's children go to Iowa tuition-free?

rwtsracefan(Dan Wemett)
You're thinking who's that kid with behind his back dribble 5'7" point guard?

Who told you that university employee's children go to Iowa tuition-free?

I don't know that it works that way at the U of I, that is why I posted in question form. I do know that it does work that way at other universities. Again any help with this question would be appreciated.

rwtsracefan(Dan Wemett)

I don't know that it works that way at the U of I, that is why I posted in question form. I do know that it does work that way at other universities. Again any help with this question would be appreciated.

rwtsracefan(Dan Wemett)

Children of U of I employees do not get to attend Iowa for free. It's been pushed for a few times, but I don't think it's come very close.

We're in the midst of a fun season at the moment, but along with scholarship questions, what about an all-too-early rotation look-ahead... There seems to be even more guys looking to get in the rotation. We're losing 4 seniors, but gaining 4 freshman and 3 guys who have red-shirted or been injured (Moss, Hutton, Jones) this season. Will we see a number of redshirts?

Possible starting 5?- Williams/Jok/Baer/Uhl/Cook
Guards- Bohannon/Flemming/Moss
Wings/Forwards- Hutton/Pemsl/Jones/Wagner/Kreiner

Bench- Soukups, walk-ons

13 that will play or may have a case for playing time.

Latest posts