How Does Ferentz not fire Ferentz?

That may have been Brian's worst game.

I still think 90% of it is the o-line.

But, an example must be made.

What school hires an OC that has had one of the worst offenses in the country the last 4 years?

I like KF, I'd like him to stay a few more years. I also want to hear him justify keeping his OC given the performance of the offense under that OC.

He couldn't, period, he can't justify it. And as much as I like, appreciate KF, it's incredibly damning for him to blatantly keep his son a s OC with nepotism. It's bullshit.

Noone, in any business or job, outside of politics, keeps there job with those kind of production numbers, unless nepotism or incompetence is involved.

What school hires an OC that has had one of the worst offenses in the country the last 4 years?

I like KF, I'd like him to stay a few more years. I also want to hear him justify keeping his OC given the performance of the offense under that OC.

He couldn't, period, he can't justify it. And as much as I like, appreciate KF, it's incredibly damning for him to blatantly keep his son a s OC with nepotism. It's bullshit.

Noone, in any business or job, outside of politics, keeps there job with those kind of production numbers, unless nepotism or incompetence is involved.

Sublimely stated.

Best they can do is move Brian up to the booth and then pretend they can't hear him.

Seriously though, the only way they get rid of Brian is if he mans up, takes responsibility, and steps down.

Reactions: haw
We have with no doubt the worst offense in Power 5. Ferentz can't start next year as OC and neither should either of these QBs
Daddy isn't going to fire his son.. He'll be demoted.We all know that, I think also they should fire o'keith as quarterback coach. He needs to make changes.. BF didn't have any kind of game plan but I could see. I feel sorry for the kids. I feel sorry for the defense who left the offense many opportunities to have good field position, also special teams. I wouldn't be surprised if both quarterbacks would do transfer portal I don't blame them get the heck out of there. I don't know why anyone would want to be a quarterback and Iowa all your doing his handing off to the running back you're the 3rd option. Defense running back quarterback. Pretty bad

Best they can do is move Brian up to the booth and then pretend they can't hear him.

Seriously though, the only way they get rid of Brian is if he mans up, takes responsibility, and steps down.
The first statement made me laugh and spit up my water.

The second statement is how it should go and the descent thing.

I can understand a father not wanting to embarrass his son nor a son his father. So Brian or Kirk should call it quits for the better of the one. Kirk retires and Brian leaves with his dad’s departure, OR Brian leaves on his own, These are the right choices. We will see what kind of men we are dealing with.

If neither leave then they are giving Hawkeye Nation (not the website the fan base) the finger. Hmmmm disturbing to think about.

I’m ok with Kirk staying if he is willing to change his approach to offense……….. and that dies not include Brian. Maybe Brian could stay on as a tight end coach. Isn’t that what he did in the NFL?

Go after Cincy’s offensive coordinator. Let the Cincy coach then take the reigns after Kirk leaves but keep Parker around.

Seriously could our offense get worse??? As long as Parker stays put, the program will remain solid regardless of who the head coach is or the offensive coordinator.

The defense has bailed Kirk’s ass out going all the way back to Norm’s years. Now the defense has to bail out two from the same family?

This.
Brian is the head of the offense. A such he is responsible for the offensive performance - good or bad.
This is not just the OL or his play calling, it is an abject failure in total - OL, QB play, play calling, recruiting, development.
Brian and the entire offensive staff should be gone - position coaches, recruiters, etc.

Imagine Iowa football if they actually had an offense that complimented Phil Parkers defenses… there are years we could have been/could be legitimate national championship contenders.
We give Phil Parker all this love, but last I checked his defenses don’t hold up so well in these big games. This was just another Rose Bowl. And he sure as shit can’t can’t defend Purdue if his life depends on it.

Im not saying we should fire Phil or Brian. 10-2 with this roster was impressive. But stop the “wah wah poor Phill bullshit.”

We won 10 games, the entire staff will be immune from consequences for 5 years now. We’re a development program so now they can say we hit the peak and need to rebuild now.

We could go 0-12 the next 3 years and nothing would happen.

Speaking of 0-12. imagine how bad we would be if our defenses routinely ranked in the 40s or 50s? Shoot, we would be the 3rd best team in Iowa.

This is a great discussion, but KF has the donors under his wings. KF will do whatever he wants. He could go 0-12 for 3 years and then the heat would turn up, but he would come back with an 8 win season and a 10 win and everybody would forget thos 0-12s and chalk it up to being a 'developmental program".

I would agree. None of those three will cut it anymore. Goodson either, didn't look good.
Haskins of Mich didnt look very good until late 4th qtr. He was averaging less that 3 yards a carry through 3 qtrs.

This is all on the OLine and their recruiting and development. TGoodson and GWilliams and IKM are plenty good enough and explosive runners. But the pysche of these QBs and running backs are constantly looking to get hit in the backfield.