bottom line it:

Fry was 143-89-6 that's 7.1 wins per season

Ferents 96-6 7.4 wins per season.

------------------
We're Just Iowa
==========

Hayden Fry took us to three Rose Bowls.

Ferrets is a fraud.

I would say that is only assured with 2005's version of Drew Tate.

This team is 2 plays away from being 6-2 and 2 plays away from being 2-6. We are what our record says we are.

We are what we are because we have had very close to the worst qb play in the country.

However you want to debate it, slice it dice it - This program is on the decline and He looks done. He looks like he has aged 15 years in the last 3 seasons.

That guy I saw in the post game video looks washed away, an emptied shell.

This program under Ferentz really has been mostly limp with a couple surges. He had a 2-3 year stretch that was one of the best in Iowa history. Outside of that any real success has appeared to be a fluke.

He is one of the top 3 coaches in Iowa history and I applaud him.

But to me is delusional to think were going to rebound under his regime. I just hope his stuborness doesn't drive this farther and farther into the ground and make it harder for the next guy.

I once read that a head coach starts to become "stale" after he has been in the same place for 10 years (obviously does not apply in all cases). Perhaps this is what is happening to Kirk. I'm sure he still wants to win just as much as ever, but maybe he has just been the head coach at Iowa too long, and the fire isn't there like it was at the beginning.

Thats alright. I did not think you had another agenda. Both fans here, no need to get grumpy. I have asked you a question in private and I want to know. If you wish for me to ask it outloud I will. But if you think you are going to threathen me with being banned, guess again. Because if that is what you or this program stands for, well I know why we are losing. My type , we win..... That is what we do. That is why we are here.
As a SS I broke a few bones. Had a friend (OL) who bent a knee backwards, all in hopes of playing for Iowa. Get it? Got it? Good.
Still today @ 40 plus, I would love to put on the pads and here them pop while I layed the wood to Mark. Or last year it was the 100 push up Coker. Are you hearing me? Dont sing it, bring it. You want to ban me? Do it. Because I will just go down the hill and talk to those that are just like me, the dude that sells me beer, played NT for Miami. ARE YOU FEELING ME? Or shall we write this up to another lost opportunity?

Olddude - how often do you use meth?

Lots of analysis there and some good info, but....

One need look no further for Iowa's problems than their lack of a "playmaker" and leader at the Quarterback position. Iowa has to improve their recruiting at the qb position.

IMO: If you take this very same Iowa team, and put any of these three at qb..
Drew Tate
Ricki Stanzi
Brad Banks

You would have a 7-1 team right now.
You are correct sir. The dismal play of our QB has really really hurt this team. Why KF has steadfastly stuck with him is a true mystery. I saw a stat on another board that had QB rated 114/120. That is horrid play from Vandy.

You are correct sir. The dismal play of our QB has really really hurt this team. Why KF has steadfastly stuck with him is a true mystery. I saw a stat on another board that had QB rated 114/120. That is horrid play from Vandy.

Couple that rating with the fact that we have been playing some pretty crappy defenses...(aside from MSU)

Hayden Fry took us to three Rose Bowls.

Ferrets is a fraud.

Iowa would have gone to two Rose Bowls under Ferentz had they been playing by the same set of qualifiers they had when Hayden was coaching Iowa. They would have gone ahead of OSU in 2002 because OSU had been to the Rose more recently than Iowa, and Iowa would have gone after 2004 season because Michigan went to the Rose after 2003 season.

Conversely, if Hayden's time were applied to current rules, his teams would have gone to one Rose; 1985.

And Ferentz may be a lot of things, but Fraud isn't one of them. That's just silly.

Iowa would have gone to two Rose Bowls under Ferentz had they been playing by the same set of qualifiers they had when Hayden was coaching Iowa. They would have gone ahead of OSU in 2002 because OSU had been to the Rose more recently than Iowa, and Iowa would have gone after 2004 season because Michigan went to the Rose after 2003 season.

Conversely, if Hayden's time were applied to current rules, his teams would have gone to one Rose; 1985.

And Ferentz may be a lot of things, but Fraud isn't one of them. That's just silly.

This is not true, Iowa owned the tie breaker over MSU, Michigan, and Illinois as Iowa defeated all 3 of them.

The Iowa football team is fighting just to be average right now and it's losing the battle. How did things get here? Will it get better?

More...

<<How Did Iowa Get Here?>>

Cue Talking Heads "Once In a Lifetime" video...."Well....HOOWW did I get here?....Letting the days go by! (let the water hold me down) Letting the days go by! (Water flowing underground)..."

Scorp? Goat? Anyone? Link it up, please...

What about Rodney Coe? Did they just decide the process was taking too long? Maybe something happened behind the scenes that we don't know about, but it's very strange to me why the staff would stop paying attention to one of the top recruits in his class. He's moved to the defensive line which is where Iowa wanted him in the first place. Why stop recruiting him?

Now it looks like ISU will steal him. Maybe it won't make Iowa look stupid in the long run, maybe it will. Either way I don't see why they'd bail on him. He's got the size and speed to be a damn good player. All it takes is a coach who can relate to the kid in order to get his attitude in the right place.

One need merely look at Twitter and FaceBook to answer that question...

Jon, I don't crack on your opinions, so I'd appreciate it if you didn't crack on mine.

[h=2]Definition of FRAUD[/h]1
a : deceit, trickery; specifically : intentional perversion of truth in order to induce another to part with something of value or to surrender a legal right
b : an act of deceiving or misrepresenting : trick

a : a person who is not what he or she pretends to be :impostor; also : one who defrauds : cheat
b : one that is not what it seems or is represented to be

Latest posts