How Could Any Football Fan Not See it was Helmet to Helmet?

storminspank

Justin VanLaere
I am still dumbfounded that the PbP announcer kept saying the hit wasn't helmet to helmet, that he didn't lead with his head. The replay is crystal clear, a most obvious H2H if I've ever seen one. He lead with the crown of his helmet and made contact with the crown of the WR's.

How can anyone who follows football not acknowledge that it was a clear H2H? A penalty flag should get thrown every single time for a hit like that.

I am still dumbfounded that the PbP announcer kept saying the hit wasn't helmet to helmet, that he didn't lead with his head. The replay is crystal clear, a most obvious H2H if I've ever seen one. He lead with the crown of his helmet and made contact with the crown of the WR's.

How can anyone who follows football not acknowledge that it was a clear H2H? A penalty flag should get thrown every single time for a hit like that.
+1. The taunting didn't help.

Not to mention I'm pretty sure he had a seizure on the field. You don't stiffen up like that unless it's a head to head collision....

What upsets me is how adamant the PbP guy was that it wasn't H2H even after he saw the replays. I couldn't believe someone that followed football could be that daft. Truly unbelievable.

I replied to another post about this-the kid taunting after that hit should get suspended for a game. Completely uncalled for. And the officiating crew should also get suspended. How do you miss that?!! It took 2 minutes for them to throw the flag. To all the MSU fans that didn't like that call....just thank God that wasn't your head.

I hope that Sandeman is OK-he really played well tonight leading up to that. That was viscious.

Just so that it is said, I like Martin, he is a really good football guy. I like that he does not pull punches, and he gives credit where credit is due....

The other guy in the booth was a complete goober. I can't prove it but if you replay the game you might here him drooling every time he talks about MSU.

Just so that it is said, I like Martin, he is a really good football guy. I like that he does not pull punches, and he gives credit where credit is due....

The other guy in the booth was a complete goober. I can't prove it but if you replay the game you might here him drooling every time he talks about MSU.

Agree.

It wasn't Martin, it was the PbP guy. His name is forgettable, as is his commentary.

Wayne Larrivee. Used to do Chicago Bears games on the radio and then the Packers (he may still do their games). I don't think he crosses over to college football very well. He also used to do Chicago Bulls games on TV.

I believe it was that game sir...live it just looked like a huge hit. When they slowed it down you could see the helmet to helmet. Just my opinion.

I saw the helmet to helmet live right away. I didn't see the flag and I (quite calmly actually) said to the people that I was with that if that rule is in the book and there is ever a time to call it, that's the time to call it. That was before I saw it in slow-motion. After the replay, I was just kind of annoyed that the MSU fans were booing it.

Was it helmet-to-helmet? Definitely. Did the MSU defender intend it? I highly doubt it. He wasn't taunting his injury, either... it was a big hit and he was justifiably excited about it. He was unaware that Sandeman was seizing on the ground.

The penalty was deserved. The criticism of the MSU kid probably isn't.

Latest posts