How broke up are we that Debbie came in and took

Yea so from what I see/saw it looked like weeks ago maybe even months we stopped actively recruiting this guy yet this dumb article acts like the Hawks were in the hunt and trying their best. In reality it looks like to me Nebraska stole this guy from the Clowns.
We didn't need him either way as we are doing quite well at the position and the D line as a whole.

I'm sure we could have used him. The chuckers over here are celebrating like they got their "Noah Fant" .

Over here on this side of the river it's being sold as they came in to our house and got one of our guys. I don't like that but it's why I came over to get the pulse of everyone else.

Iowa moved on a while ago, similar to last season with Mosai Newsom. The Hawkeyes have commitments from six defensive linemen in '20.
Ugh, so are we reasonably expecting to lose a lot on the line and then stare down a 2005 d-line situation again? Blech.

Trent Mossbrucker (former Iowa kicker) is their Director of Football and Recruiting Admin. Can we blame him? Or maybe Chinander their DC who is also a former Hawk?

Grew up an ISU fan from what I understand. Bummer for ISU, Iowa not really in the picture, I don't think Iowa fans should feel one way or another about it.

That is what I thought is the Hawks weren't really in it a while back and weren't expecting him as if it was a Nebraska steal from them.

Grew up an ISU fan from what I understand. Bummer for ISU, Iowa not really in the picture, I don't think Iowa fans should feel one way or another about it.
I would have actually preferred it if he'd gone to ISU. The two state schools should lock down in-state players. I do not want to see any hint of the bad old days when some of the best Iowa guys went across the river.

Trent Mossbrucker (former Iowa kicker) is their Director of Football and Recruiting Admin. Can we blame him? Or maybe Chinander their DC who is also a former Hawk?
Sonofabitch. I knew about traitor Chinander. Did not know about Mossbrucker.

My understanding is that he is some type of Agriculture major-
I see. So the NFL is not figuring in his plans. It all makes sense now.

Last edited:
Over here on this side of the river it's being sold as they came in to our house and got one of our guys. I don't like that but it's why I came over to get the pulse of everyone else.

Tell them Noah Fant says "hey". I doubt this kid is going to be the 20th pick in the first round in a few years. He made his decision, he will have to live with it. I'm curious if the boards over there are once again thinking Frost wins the West. That board was sure Frosty would turn the ship into a National Title contender in his first year. The 0-6 start couldn't have been scripted any better...including a loss to Troy at home and an absolute beat down at Michigan in the Big House. They didn't score 70, but they could have.

Nebraska fan always going to bring the delusion in large doses.

Should have gone to ISU and played for the 2nd or 3rd best team in the Big12 rather than the 2nd or 3rd best team in the B1G West.

Gunnerson? Sounds like he was leaning ISU anyways if he had stayed in state. But, it chops me a little bit that Iowa got 4 of the 5 highest rated players in the state and the one that got away is going to Nebraska. IMO, it must be because he likes to spend the holidays with his family.

https://www.nonpareilonline.com/spo...cle_51d842bf-84e2-5cc6-82dd-09c1f642e5b5.html

A little bit of context here too. The linked article from the Council Bluffs Nonpareil (a newspaper that is owned by the Omaha World Herald) is written by a Nebraska beat writer. Cheerleading at its finest.

I’m not too concerned about gunnerson individually, because Iowa never has problems finding good lineman, but if Frost starts winning with big offensive stats and the cool offense he ran at UCF, I do worry what precious few in state skill players Iowa has access to will head west. I can see a future 3 or 4 star WR out of Des Moines or western Iowa being persuaded to play in his high flying offense.

I can also see him prying guys out of Minneapolis and Kansas City who might have been Iowa skill players before.

Fair points. Old Frosty just lost one of their best in-state skill position players (WR) to Notre Damn. Nebraska fans on Twitter collectively lost their shit. Excellent indicator of their arrogance.

I’m not too concerned about gunnerson individually, because Iowa never has problems finding good lineman, but if Frost starts winning with big offensive stats and the cool offense he ran at UCF, I do worry what precious few in state skill players Iowa has access to will head west. I can see a future 3 or 4 star WR out of Des Moines or western Iowa being persuaded to play in his high flying offense.

I can also see him prying guys out of Minneapolis and Kansas City who might have been Iowa skill players before.

Latest posts