Hostile Environment!

This kid knows what he is talking about, I do not think we should be arguing with him.

Talk, do not listen to those voices. Put the guns away!

Who's arguing?

Voices and guns? I just remembered why I don't post on these forums. How does it get to that? HAHA

Sorry for the post...just a thought..... it's really about perspective. Hostile environment is a pretty silly term given MY perspective on life. Can be different for everyone. We all have different experiences. My experiences find that term dramatic and silly when referring to the McLeod Center basketball fans at a UNI-Iowa game.
that's all.

Not arguing bud. Have a good one.

I just heard HawkTalk refer to the place where the UNI basketball team plays as the McLeod Center. What a joke! It's not the center of anything. It's on the edge of campus, and it's not where near the center of Cedar Falls, the center of Iowa, or the Center of the US. It's not in the center of anything.

I just heard HawkTalk refer to the place where the UNI basketball team plays as the McLeod Center. What a joke! It's not the center of anything. It's on the edge of campus, and it's not where near the center of Cedar Falls, the center of Iowa, or the Center of the US. It's not in the center of anything.

AAHHHHHHHH....NO HE DIN'T!!!!

Read it. Find it grossly overdramatic.

Jesse Palmer LOVES using the term in college football. Worthy of an eyeroll every time.
Just about everything Jesse Palmer does deserves an eye roll.

Some stadiums/arenas/crowds are much more hostile towards visiting teams than others. It's an apt word to use.

If sports terminology bothers you that much, maybe you need to find another hobby.

McCleod Center is just a way over-used phrase. I just roll my eyes when people say it. It is just silly.

If I were to compare the current environments at the place where UNI plays basketball and the place where Iowa plays basketball, I would say that the place where UNI plays basketball is a much more hostile environment.

It was a war out there. Bunch of warriors fighting to the death.

You miss the point.

Could be any sports arena, using the term hostile environment is offily dramatic. Not to mention grossly overused.

Really? I honestly don't like the spelling police... but come on!

You know I kind of get what the OP is saying it's just "Hostile environment" isn't the place to fight this battl...shoot...I just did it...isn't the place to have this disagreement. But things like Oregon-OSU being the "Civil War" and such like that...really? come on...it's no where close to a war...it's kind of insulting to our vets and people currently serving.

Congratulations, you've been Duffed.

This is the definition of warrior. " One who is engaged aggressively or energetically in an activity, cause, or conflict"

Does not mean it's appropriate to refer to an athlete as a warrior. Another dramatic overused term.

Just like Hostile environment. Regardless of the definition. HAHA
So it should be used only how YOU think it should be defined. Got it.

LMAO. What a worthless thread by someone proven to be a complete idiot.

Well played, Duff. Well played. :golfclap:

Latest posts