Horner new Valley coach

Nice win for Horner tonight. WDM Valley upsets Dubuque Senior at State. Interesting ending. Senior hits a game tying 2 pointer with almost no time (.5) remaining. However, refs also call a foul on Senior going for possible rebound. Valley gets one and one and Marble hits 1st FT to allow Valley to win 42-41.

Nice win for Horner tonight. WDM Valley upsets Dubuque Senior at State. Interesting ending. Senior hits a game tying 2 pointer with almost no time (.5) remaining. However, refs also call a foul on Senior going for possible rebound. Valley gets one and one and Marble hits 1st FT to allow Valley to win 42-41.

And yet...Valley STILL sucks!

I just love Midwestern Homers. The thread is "Horner new Valley Coach" and the ADD crowd says nothing about the thread and goes right into a disassociated conversation. How about a little information about the move? I live far away and would like some related conversation about the move.

Wow. That was a horrible call. What a BS way to finish your season. Especially against freaking WDM Valley.

I played 3A football so I really have no preference to any 4A schools, but I always saved a special hatred for big schools like Valley who sucked up all the talent from the smaller schools because they couldn't find good enough players in their own backyard. It makes it an uneven playing field, and it is not fair. Even if you are a Valley alum you should admit that. Sure you can brag about all your state championships, but you wouldn't have them if you didn't smuggle players away from their original school districts.

The refs from the Valley-Dubuque Senior game are flying to Indianapolis to do the late game in the Big1G Tourney.

I just love Midwestern Homers. The thread is "Horner new Valley Coach" and the ADD crowd says nothing about the thread and goes right into a disassociated conversation. How about a little information about the move? I live far away and would like some related conversation about the move.

Not sure if you're serious or trying to be funny, but you do realize Horner was hired 4 years ago. Someone bumped the thread to mention the outcome of the Valley/Dbq Sr game.

Definitely a bogus call. I'm not a Valley fan (southsider) but Horner's squad was a heavy underdog in this game, so a good job by him in getting his kids to play themselves into a position to win the game at the end. Even it was on a bogus call. Most predicted Valley to get blown out. I'll be curious to see if Horner eventually gets an opportunity to move up in the coaching ranks. Possibly an assistant on a Missouri Valley squad. He was always a smart player and seems to be turning into a decent coach.

Definitely a bogus call. I'm not a Valley fan (southsider) but Horner's squad was a heavy underdog in this game, so a good job by him in getting his kids to play themselves into a position to win the game at the end. Even it was on a bogus call. Most predicted Valley to get blown out. I'll be curious to see if Horner eventually gets an opportunity to move up in the coaching ranks. Possibly an assistant on a Missouri Valley squad. He was always a smart player and seems to be turning into a decent coach.

Tyus Mason (all 5'8" of him) did one helluva job shutting down 6'7" all-stater Kyle Haber. Haber just couldn't handle having a little pest in his shorts all night.

Was always a big Horner fan and I hope he does move on to bigger and better things. Just not today against the North Stars. Doing a little reading on Valley and they dont have a single double digit scorer in their line up.

Was always a big Horner fan and I hope he does move on to bigger and better things. Just not today against the North Stars. Doing a little reading on Valley and they dont have a single double digit scorer in their line up.

They're definitely more of a defensive-minded team, but the scoring is also pretty balanced, with lots of guys average 6-9 ppg. They've been one of the most entertaining teams to watch this week, IMO. Their defense is damn good, although not as fun to watch as West Lyon's; holy ****, that defense was insane tonight (side note: Brandon Snyder was named the 1A all-tourney captain and had 23 points/9 assists tonight).

Latest posts