Hope Ferentz reads this . . .

Maybe he needs a kick in the nuts.

Maybe on the call-in show somebody will displace one of the @$$-kissing regulars and ask him a tough question. He needs to hear it. Maybe it would make him take account of the situation a little more.

I really like Ferentz as a person and I'm pretty damn sure he knows what he's doing professionally. I want to know why these bad losses keep repeating.

Maybe on the call-in show somebody will displace one of the @$$-kissing regulars and ask him a tough question. He needs to hear it. Maybe it would make him take account of the situation a little more.

I really like Ferentz as a person and I'm pretty damn sure he knows what he's doing professionally. I want to know why these bad losses keep repeating.

I thought you were going to say that at his call in show one of the regulars could be replaced with a dude that would haul off and rail Kirk in the balls.:eek:

I thought you were going to say that at his call in show one of the regulars could be replaced with a dude that would haul off and rail Kirk in the balls.:eek:

Well I know that's how I normally roll...

:D

Actually maybe one of the regulars could be hauled off and kicked in the junk as some kind of cathartic sacrificial release for the Hawkeye Nation.

Whether we like or not right now, Ferentz is our guy. And Ferentz is a Hawkeye.

Unless you want a Nebraska flag planted in your front yard, you should still be rooting for Ferentz to figure it out and shove it up that big ol' blond headed Husker's overalls.

We don't want to lose Ferentz. We just want Norm to retire and Darrell Wilson to go work for Iowa State.

So, Norm and Darrell aren't Hawkeyes?? I don't understand how we have to be loyal to one but not the other.

Those were not exactly scathing articles. They were more along the lines of "slightly critical".

From the article by Marc Morehouse, props to Marc as it's pretty scathing by Iowa press corp standards:

"The losses have included bitter defeats to Minnesota (twice now), Northwestern and Iowa State. The Hawkeyes were double-digit favorites in three of those four games, which were all on the road.

That’s a pattern. That’s lack of motivation and preparation, born out in slow starts and monumental special teams gaffes. And that should keep Ferentz awake at night."

Journalists in Omaha probably need to focus on the "tool" of a head coach that the Corn Holers have over there. I'd still take Kirk over that psycho they have roaming the sidelines in Lincoln. I have a feeling that he's going to go off some day soon and he'll be packing his bags for someplace that that kind-of behavior is acceptable like the SEC or Arizona, for example. There are definate problems in our football program but we'll deal with our problems just fine without their input.

Go away!

Journalists in Omaha probably need to focus on the "tool" of a head coach that the Corn Holers have over there. I'd still take Kirk over that psycho they have roaming the sidelines in Lincoln. I have a feeling that he's going to go off some day soon and he'll be packing his bags for someplace that that kind-of behavior is acceptable like the SEC or Arizona, for example. There are definate problems in our football program but we'll deal with our problems just fine without their input.

Go away!

Ok? So no one can write about Iowa from out side the state? Did you read the article? Thats just sports writing about the program next door. It didnt take cheep shots, it was a rational outsiders perspective.

And that "Psycho" beat Minnesota 20+ while resting the starters for the forth quarter.

I'm hoping we get an answer to this from the OP.

Yes, I love me up some Norm as a Hawkeye and I'd defend him like crazy against any Husker fan. That doesn't mean he should stay on forever. Darrell Wilson is surely a good man and has had many years in Iowa City. Again, I'd defend him against the cornholers. But he needs to go work for someone else.

Ferentz is still a good fit for the Hawks but his good will is waning. I'm still hopeful he'll right the ship, however.

I'm hoping we get an answer to this from the OP.
Yes, I love me up some Norm as a Hawkeye and I'd defend him like crazy against any Husker fan. That doesn't mean he should stay on forever. Darrell Wilson is surely a good man and has had many years in Iowa City. Again, I'd defend him against the cornholers. But he needs to go work for someone else. Ferentz is still a good fit for the Hawks but his good will is waning. I'm still hopeful he'll right the ship, however.

Why exactly does Coach Wilson "need to go work for someone else"?

Go away!
I think it was made clear to him after aTm that such behavior would not be tolerated again. He has toned it down, for the most part.

Ferentz will not read any of this. Ever. He is obviously in a cocoon. Why not? He earns $3.7 million a year more than I do, and I am extremely content with what I make. I can imagine what $3.7 would do to my drive and passion. I wouldn't read anything anyone ever wrote about me and take it seriously. His kid's education is taken care of, heck, his great, great, great grandchildren's education is taken care of.

We HAVE to stop giving generational contracts to people who are doing work that is not civilization altering. Nobody 100 years from now is going to give a rat's behind what Kirk Ferentz did in his, oh, say 30 years as head coach in the state of Iowa. Now, the guy across the street that cures cancer? Absolutely.

What does this have to do with last week. Not a huge amount, except it would be nice to see an Iowa team that is having fun running around laying the wood and playing with heart, like they are playing a game, and not on some death march. It's ironic the band keeps the tradition of playing the Star Wars storm trooper theme, because that is what these kids resemble. Nameless, faceless, dour, professional soldiers. They get this example from their leader, who has forgotten more about football then I will ever know, but who may have also forgotten what it's like to perform for the love of the game...

This probably isn't smack talk but did you notice that he didn't put 8-4 as a possible end of season record. I'm sure he was insinuating a loss to Nebraska. Just a thought

Ferentz will not read any of this. Ever. He is obviously in a cocoon. Why not? He earns $3.7 million a year more than I do, and I am extremely content with what I make. I can imagine what $3.7 would do to my drive and passion. I wouldn't read anything anyone ever wrote about me and take it seriously. His kid's education is taken care of, heck, his great, great, great grandchildren's education is taken care of.

We HAVE to stop giving generational contracts to people who are doing work that is not civilization altering. Nobody 100 years from now is going to give a rat's behind what Kirk Ferentz did in his, oh, say 30 years as head coach in the state of Iowa. Now, the guy across the street that cures cancer? Absolutely.

What does this have to do with last week. Not a huge amount, except it would be nice to see an Iowa team that is having fun running around laying the wood and playing with heart, like they are playing a game, and not on some death march. It's ironic the band keeps the tradition of playing the Star Wars storm trooper theme, because that is what these kids resemble. Nameless, faceless, dour, professional soldiers. They get this example from their leader, who has forgotten more about football then I will ever know, but who may have also forgotten what it's like to perform for the love of the game...

I agree. A poster in another thread asked why Ferentz looks like he is attending a funeral every Saturday. I just don't get it. Does he still enjoy coaching?

I have never met him but he seems like a classy guy who is highly respected. I also don't know anyone truly connected with the program or any former players. So this is just speculation but I wonder given his NFL experience does he have a tendency to treat his players more like professionals than college athletes? I have seen other posters relate that former players say he can be detached?? This might explain why our players always seem to be less motivated and fired up than the opposition.

Is college football just about execution? (A mantra that KF has effectively drilled into his players. Multiple players cite "lack of execution" following every loss. See JVB last Saturday). "Lack of execution". "Failing to execute the game plan". etc. etc. etc. It just sounds so much like professional football speak. Kind of business like and unemotional.

We often play uninspired or with not a lot of "heart". Flat. How often do you hear KF say, "We didn't play inspired football. We lacked heart today." It seems he always refers to "execution". Plus, I would just once like to hear KF bust himself and his coaches for not executing.

College football is also about playing with a ton of emotion in my opinion. These are guys just a few months removed from high school. College football players need a coach closer in temperament to Bobby Stoops than Tom Landry in my opinion.

Professional football is a business played by grown men. Players get paid to perform and probably don't need the rah-rah approach. But I sometimes wonder if the majority of the pros don't get more motivation/inspiration than our Hawkeyes. .

Latest posts