Hope CJB plays only one quarter on Sat

Iowa just isn't that explosive on offense, even with the obvious improvement at QB this year. CJ will probably play till middle of 4Q and Weigers will get in for the last meaningless series. Iowa wins 35-13.

I'd like to see him out before halftime. His poor brain needs a rest after about 8 illegal head shots from pitt

I bet if you ask CJ he would like to play the whole game or most of the game. Lets see if there is some hangover from the great effort saturday nite.

I dont think the hawks are going to be demolishing the big green, if that is what they are called.

But I do agree that the 2nd and even some third teamers would benefit from snaps. Tyler Weigers needs to get some snaps and more throws.

I'll take the Iowa win and the under for point spread. Iowa hasn't won by 24 or 25 points since...I can't remember when.

Nov 1st, 2014
48-7 win over Northwestern

Wow. Sometimes I wonder if posters on here even follow Iowa football.

Full disclosure I do not know anything about N. Texas other than Mac is the HC. Run the football and run the football some more. If you are not a Iowa fan this is a super boring game. Iowa will win something like 24-7, 31-10. There are about a handful of guys that you simply can't afford to get hurt, hopefully you can start pulling guys by the 3 qtr.

I'd like to see the starters play the 1st half, get up by about 35-3 by halftime, start the first series of the 2nd half, and then start bringing in 2nd and 3rd teamers after that so that by the start of the 4th, all 1st teamers are done for the day.

Let the kid play he shouldn't take near the hits he took last week be a good confidence game before going to Madison (not saying he needs the confidence good player) see him playing 3 quarters!

For me, I agree with earlier poster, running backs run. CJ, hand off. Quick passes. O line, do not allow any sacks. CJ took a pounding vs Pitt. Would not mind seeing Canjerri resting some while other backs get many touches. Long season, if possible, twos should receive lots of minutes.

I'd like to see the starters play the 1st half, get up by about 35-3 by halftime, start the first series of the 2nd half, and then start bringing in 2nd and 3rd teamers after that so that by the start of the 4th, all 1st teamers are done for the day.

This............I agree with Spider Rico........that's just what is needed, before trip to
Madtown.

#gohawks

Seems D McCarney has played Iowa well when he was at isu, I have no idea what he has going in this and recent years...but I would guess he has us in a game of sorts the first half...also guessing we will be able to pull away and put a foot stompin by the second half...but if history suggests much...kf will probably not pull cj until late in the game.

North Texas has a SR QB from Iowa City. He had a terrible game against SMU and was better against Rice. Rice led 38-10 late into the 3rd Q before N. Texas scored 2 meaningless TD's. McCarney and McNulty (QB) will probably be a little fired up coming back into Iowa City. Anything can happen, but all is up to how the Hawks prepare for this game and come out ready to play.

Seems like a good chance for Iowa to get their pass rush into gear and execute their run game with passing to balance and keep N Texas honest. I would love to see 3 or 4 running backs get time on Saturday and the defense play lights out. The Hawks just have to come ready to play from the first whistle. Give the Mean Green what Pittsburgh gave us on Saturday and we will be just fine. Be complacent, coast ahead of playing Wisconsin and it could be an ugly game.

I think this year's team leaders will have the Hawks ready to play. Certainly the O-line has no reason to be complacent after running game performance against Pitt. Also, I am sure the D-line wants to get some hits in the backfield this game after being limited against Pitt.

Agree with Spider in the hope to see CJB leave after the first possession of the 2nd half.

Agree. These are games that we must blow out the opponent to help get our backups playing time. Too many times in the KF era (at least since 2007/2008) we always play down to the competition. Hell, even against the "good" teams when we blow them out we leave our starters in (MSU in 2010 killed us with losing OL and RB).

CJ should not see the field after halftime. We need to get Mitchell some carries, and see if Wadley can go more than 3 carries before fumbling. Build his confidence back up, as I think he's the best RB we've got.

Rest Ott and give Nelson/Hesse plenty of playing time.

If KF is serious about turning the program around, it starts with these type of games. Blow them out.

Latest posts