Holiday Bowl Wants Iowa Over Northwestern

That would be awesome. For one, it's a better bowl. Second, I'd love to stick it to NW.
But if Don Corleone Delany is saying no way, then it's probably not going to happen, unless the bowl committee wants to wake up with a horse head in their collective bed.

Yep...Delaney gave them his thoughts which means Iowa will not be in the Holiday Bowl. If Louisville is in the Pinstripe, then that's where Iowa will be since Purdue has already played them.

NW and The Fitz should be po’d.
2 games better than Iowa. H2H over Iowa.

But I don’t see how that makes them po’d at Iowa. Be po’d at the bowl or commish (if he wouldn’t fight for you).

With CFP4 the exhibition status of these bowls is heightened and the status is decreased by the profusion of bowls.

Iowa needs a win. Anywhere.

Except Foster Farms Bowl.
We don’t need Cali-chicken farmers that bad.

There is no way Delaney would work out a deal with Holiday and throw them some $$$$ to offset what the Holiday would think they'd lose in ticket sales, would he? There is no way he could get by doing that, is there?

Bring on Louisville.
Bring on any team we don't match up well with.
Here's to another embarrassing bowl performance to expedite changes, if any.

Oh yeah, and here's to those extra practices that help the following seasons so much. LOL

But why does it matter to us and the Big Ten if the Pinstripe wants Louisville? If the Music City Bowl picks before the Pinstripe then that's the Pinstripes problem, right?

Yeah, give me the Kentucky matchup in the Music City bowl. Not the sexiest game ever, but I will take it I just want the ‘W’.
Think I'm in your camp. Playing a team that'd be a bad matchup and maybe/probably losing just doesn't sound good at all. Get a W and go into the off season with some positive vibes for what'll be young team returning a lot of offensive guys.

If I was the Holiday Bowl, I would want Iowa over Northwestern too. Despite everything, Iowa did clean the clocks out of the Buckeyes and Little Red. Iowa is still a flashier pick the Northwestern.

Pretty expected development. Iowa is a goldmine to the mid-tier bowl games. I guarantee the Cap 1, Outback, and Gator bowls are giddy anytime Iowa is in their sights.

Back in the day the Holiday Bowl was one of the better bowls around. IIRC they used to get the Big Ten runner up against the WAC champion (back when the WAC was good). I think BYU won a NC in the Holiday Bowl.

I guess one way to look at it is Northwestern beat us by 2 games and head to head. Another way to look at it is we lost in OT at their place, otherwise we have the same record and head to head. So the difference between us and them is an overtime.