Hlas: Iowans, ex-Hawks doing nicely out of state

Last I heard about Larson he was headed to jail/prison. I can't remember if it was drugs, guns, maybe a bit of both

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/7073008/cody-larson-florida-gators-avoids-jail-time-probation-violation

Sorry, apparently he has eluded jail for now, dude had a drug conviction he was on probation for and he tried to break into/steal a car, sounds like a real winner

What about that drunk kid from minnesoda? Was it Anthony something or other? Whar him?

Has Jacob Kelly graduated? Must have, presumably the next round of updates will include some NBA stats for him once the season begins.

Has Jacob Kelly graduated? Must have, presumably the next round of updates will include some NBA stats for him once the season begins.

Kelly got drafted in 2nd rdish in D League draft. Was cut. Our boy David Palmer is on the Bakersfield Jam roster thou!!

Lickliter recruited some studs and athletes...I firmly believe that if we could have kept those guys....He would still be here....he might have gone after Kaylon...add in Fuller and Kelly if they would have stayed....dang

What killed Lickliter was player retention...he must have just been an @$$hat to his players.

What killed Lickliter was player retention...he must have just been an @$$hat to his players.

If he was anything in practice and team meetings like he was on the bench, he was a negative, self-absorbed stiff who had little ability to connect with players. I never got the sense he exuded much confidence to those around him; that's important in a leader, especially when the bullets are flying.

To me this goes to show that a coach can win with Iowa kids if they can at least lock down the borders and bring in one or two players from outside of Iowa. The next few years will be crucial for the future of the program as Fran has some big time players coming in. If he can win and win consistently he will have a shot at making Iowa the place kids want to come play right out of high school, not out of JUCO.

I was watching that Wisky UNC game last night thinking about how it is pretty impressive that two of the best players on the floor at the Dean Dome were Iowa kids. Not to mention a kid from Rock Island HS, Chasson Randle, is now starring at Stanford as a freshman. If Fran was at Iowa and winning, they would have had a great shot at him. Randle, Gesell, Woodbury, Paige, Brust would have been a nice 5 to have next year. Win consistently and starting fives like that are a possibility with a tireless recruiter like Fran.

To me this goes to show that a coach can win with Iowa kids if they can at least lock down the borders and bring in one or two players from outside of Iowa. The next few years will be crucial for the future of the program as Fran has some big time players coming in. If he can win and win consistently he will have a shot at making Iowa the place kids want to come play right out of high school, not out of JUCO.

I was watching that Wisky UNC game last night thinking about how it is pretty impressive that two of the best players on the floor at the Dean Dome were Iowa kids. Not to mention a kid from Rock Island HS, Chasson Randle, is now starring at Stanford as a freshman. If Fran was at Iowa and winning, they would have had a great shot at him. Randle, Gesell, Woodbury, Paige, Brust would have been a nice 5 to have next year. Win consistently and starting fives like that are a possibility with a tireless recruiter like Fran.

Brust is from the Chicago suburbs.

Latest posts