Hire Bruce Pearl- Imagine the BUMP

No, I am sure Hansen would be a MUCH better coach than Jordan! Just like I believe Fred Hoiberg or Jeff Hornacek would be a better coach at ISU than McDermott. Lickliter was a Butler player, Butler asst, and Butler head coach, it is about time Iowa reaches into their own lineage for their next coach!!

BJ Armstrong. I don't know what he is doing these days. Last I knew, though, he did not seem interested in coaching.

You know who I would really like to see coach somewhere but prob will not leave the microphone, JAY BILAS. Now that cat knows his stuff & seems very b-ball intelligent. I would like to see what he could do with a college b-ball team. I always have had a lot of respect for him. He is one of the few that I can stomach from the big 4 letters!

Olson only coached D1 for one year at Long Beach State before he came to Iowa. And we were just a stepping stone for him to his 25 years at Arizona. As for Hansen's teaching ability I have personally seen him at the coaching clinics he used t have in Chicago. Anyone who listens to the games on the radio can hear a mind that is constantly in coaching mode! As for selling a recruit----are you kidding me?? This is his greatest strength: 1) a former player who can speak with credibility about the former greatness of the Hawkeye program 2) a player who can speak about what life in the NBA is like, along with numerous stories of playing against Magic and Jordan and it never hurts to be able to flash a world championship ring in front of a prospective recruits eyes!! 3) A very articulate person who has an enthusiasm and deep knowledge of the game 4) A loyalty to the University of Iowa basketball program that can not be questioned by anyone. I think it is time to think outside the box and not have delusions about paying Bruce Pearl 3,000,000 or more a year to leave Tennessee to come here. The time to have hired him was when he was at Milwaukee not now!!

I love the idea of Bruce Pearl as the Iowa head coach! Sadly, I think I have a better chance of winning the powerball that seeing Bruce as the head Hawk. But what the hell, if your going to dream...dream big I always say!

sorry to burst anyones bubble. but as a Tennessee Grad.(but i am a very loyal Iowa Hawkeye fan) Bruce Pearl will NOT leave Rocky Top for Iowa... The University of Tennessee wants to become an elite school like Kansas, Duke, Kentucky, & the few others. im not saying Iowa doesnt but it starts with the Fair Weather fans that Iowa has.. even when i was there Tennessee wasnt that great but Thompson Bolling Arena was PACKED for every game..

sorry iowa fans but some of you need to learn how to be fans first

What about Reggie Theus? I remember people wanting him to come here but lots of fans said he did not have enough experience. He would bring in big time players I feel, I think he coached the kings for a while, but got fired of course. I really have no idea what he is doing now...he could already be coaching somewhere for all I know....

For the record, I want to see how Lick does will a roster full of HIS players, we may be the only team that gets WAY younger every year... However, if anyone transfers besides Brommer, my support for him will be cut in half...

BJ Armstrong. I don't know what he is doing these days. Last I knew, though, he did not seem interested in coaching.

You know who I would really like to see coach somewhere but prob will not leave the microphone, JAY BILAS. Now that cat knows his stuff & seems very b-ball intelligent. I would like to see what he could do with a college b-ball team. I always have had a lot of respect for him. He is one of the few that I can stomach from the big 4 letters!

BJ is now an professional agent. Before that he worked as assistant GM for the Bulls. I don't beleive he has ever coached a day in his life.

Latest posts