Hines' hit on A-Rob was a cheap shot

My bet is KF saves his emotion for the media and this week. About once every 5 years he lays into the media during a presser.

Tressel stormed out on the field after a late hit penalty on McNutt. I think his players appreciate when he has their back. ARob deserves better from this coaching staff. I am extremely disappointed in KFs lack of animation last week and on that play.
The coaches aren't above reproach, but this is an unfair charge. What gives the notion that the coaching staff doesn't "have the backs" of their players? Because he doesn't run out on the field and go crazy? Come on, try and be fair about criticism (and there's plenty of room for it), or else you're going to flagged for a late hit, piling on penalty.

This hit would have cost him 50 grand in the NFL but there will be no consiquences in tha NCAA, that is a joke.

I'm not trying to be over dramatic, but two concussions in three weeks, especially one that looks to be pretty severe can be career ending. With as much attention as concussions are getting, we will not see AROB until spring ball at the earliest.

This hit would have cost him 50 grand in the NFL but there will be no consiquences in tha NCAA, that is a joke.

That is an excellent point. There needs to be a long suspension. No excuse for the refs to miss that cheap shot to the back of the helmet. Very dangerous because A-Rob was completely defenseless.

Does anyone know if he got knocked completely out? I was in the south end zone so didn't see it as clearly as some others, but it sure looked like he was out cold for a minute or so.

It was PI but let's get over it... it is football. The refs missed the call period on the PI. I am tired of this other BS about what is a legal hit and not. If it was Sash we all would have been toting the wickedness of the hit.

If I'm not mistaken, I believe Hines had another cheap shot (helmet to helmet) where he got there too early on McNutt. It was called PI, but nonetheless looked like a dirty play.

The penalty on that play was a personal foul for helmet to helmet, not PI.

Other posters have said Kirk did talk to officials. He said after the game, the explanation he got was that none of officials saw it or something like that.
I was a bit surprised he didnt go out on field too but that is his way.

It was PI but let's get over it... it is football. The refs missed the call period on the PI. I am tired of this other BS about what is a legal hit and not. If it was Sash we all would have been toting the wickedness of the hit.

I'm not sure what you mean by "BS". Helmet-to-helmet is against the rules, and the video is crystal clear. And no, I wouldn't be touting the wickedness of Sash leading with his helmet.

Per KF's postgame presser, the refs told him they didn't see it.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gBq6Ik9j_uY]YouTube - What is Pass Interference? Iowa Hawkeyes Ohio State 2010 Unfair Refs[/ame]

That excuse by the refs is complete BS. The replay shows that some of the refs had a completely unobstructed view of the play. Things need to be changed. Players and referees need to be held accountable for their actions. The Ohio State player should be suspended along with the refs. There is big difference between missing a holding call in the trenches and missing a helmet-helmet/PI call in the open field. If they can't even get that call right, how can they be expected to get any call right?

The refs missed that one. No question he led with his helmet and aimed high. Should have been fifteen points.

When I saw it live, it looked like the OSU player hit him with his forearm in the back of the shoulders. It wasn't until seeing several replays that I saw Robinson's head snap. I can fully understand how an official can miss that healmet to helmet call.

I'm angry the call wasn't made. I also understand there can be an explanation other than "the officials wanted OSU to win". In this case, the replay shows the referee looking to his left, towards Stanzi, and not at Robinson. The umpire was looking in Robinson's direction but may have been screened by the intervening players.

It's too bad. Had that play been executed properly, Adam would have run a long way; he had a convoy and a lot of green in front of him.

Latest posts