Hilliard will visit Iowa again

Not a good sign when a teenager can clown the Iowa staff and get 2 free visits to see his brother.

Imagine how whiny you would be if they told him not to come on a visit on his own dime.

Some people have to complain about water being wet I guess. I am suggesting you learn or even read before posting complaints that are incorrect. Crazy idea huh.

I heard Hilliards second visit is going to be paid for by a friend of the family. Goes by the name of Alumnai Cash

If he doesn't get talked out of his visit to Iowa by Meyer & staff by the NW weekend I would say it's more than a ploy or free visit that has his interests. Not that we should be banging the drum but it can't hurt to have him visit again. Never know what has been communicated to the Hilliard family by OSU personnel prior to the Baker signing.......if that's the trigger that started this alleged return visit.

Even though some believe Baker and Hilliard are projected at different LB positions at OSU that doesn't mean that's where they will end up. Competition and playing time (if that's the center of this) would seem to be in Iowa's favor if nothing else.

Regardless, it's a long shot for sure.

I was excited until I saw Hilliard's comment on OSU's latest commitment. He's pumped about it.

http://www.landgrantholyland.com/20...ng-jerome-baker-flips-jacques-patrick-commits

Of course he's 100% a buckeye till whenever he changes. Just like that FL kid there was till he switched to OSU... I'm not saying Hilliard is for sure flipping by any means. I just don't think that is the end all be all either. When is either of the Hilliards Bdays? Are either of those somewhere close to the NW game? I'm trying to think of a practical reason why he would have another visit so close to having just had his official. I'd like to think there may be alittle fire with the smoke so if there's some reason we are missing as to why the family would all want to come visit the older bro again within a few weeks. I'm just curious what it'd be. They live a far enough distance away that I wouldn't want to do it that often if I'm the folks since he's not playing and all. I like to think in the realm of common sense and I can easily miss other reasons that I may not prioritize very high for coming if anyone else knows of things throw em out.

If he doesn't get talked out of his visit to Iowa by Meyer & staff by the NW weekend I would say it's more than a ploy or free visit that has his interests. Not that we should be banging the drum but it can't hurt to have him visit again. Never know what has been communicated to the Hilliard family by OSU personnel prior to the Baker signing.......if that's the trigger that started this alleged return visit.

Even though some believe Baker and Hilliard are projected at different LB positions at OSU that doesn't mean that's where they will end up. Competition and playing time (if that's the center of this) would seem to be in Iowa's favor if nothing else.

Regardless, it's a long shot for sure.

Probably right, but I like the fact we have a chance (maybe a real good chance). Hard to catch big fish without a pole in the water.

My understanding is a player can only have one official visit. I think the second visit is on his dime.

I'm honestly not sure how many official visits a player is allowed to take at one particular school. I do know that they can take unlimited unofficial visits to a school.

Unofficial visits are not all that different from official visits. Transportation can be paid for by the university, game tickets can be given to the prospect, they can meet with coaches, go to practice, stay for the whole weekend. The difference is hotels & meals can't be paid for by the university. If your brother goes to school there, you really don't need a hotel.

Hopefully I'm wrong and the coaching staff is using the weekend to close on a big time recruit.

I'm honestly not sure how many official visits a player is allowed to take at one particular school. I do know that they can take unlimited unofficial visits to a school.

Unofficial visits are not all that different from official visits. Transportation can be paid for by the university, game tickets can be given to the prospect, they can meet with coaches, go to practice, stay for the whole weekend. The difference is hotels & meals can't be paid for by the university. If your brother goes to school there, you really don't need a hotel.

Hopefully I'm wrong and the coaching staff is using the weekend to close on a big time recruit.

A recruit is allowed to take only 5 total official visits, only one to each school, and they must happen after the start of the athlete's senior year of high school. The school is NOT allowed to pay for transportation, food, lodging, etc. for unofficial visits, and the school can only provide 3 game tickets for unofficial visitors. The other major difference between an official visit and an unofficial visit is that anyone can take an unofficial, but only athletes who have taken the SAT and/or ACT and registered with the NCAA's eligibility center can take official visits.

At the very least, Hilliard would be a plug-n-play raider player. I think he could be an impact edge rusher on third down as a freshman while learning the defense and be ready to be full-time player in as sophomore.

So are we going to start requiring linebackers to know the defense before playing? That's a new thing. :D

Here’s the scoop. Apparently the Hilliard family ain’t too pleased that Jerome Baker just flipped his commitment from Florida to tOSU (4 star LBer fro Ohio). The Buckeyes are completely loaded with young talent at that position. What’s interesting yet concerning for tOSU fans is that Nov 1st is a night game for them with most of their 2015 class visiting, but Hilliard will be in IC.

And to those wondering, he’d be our best linebacker the first day he steps on campus.

Thanks for the correction. I was looking at the NCAA site. It says transportation can be paid for by the institution but looking deeper at other sources it is clear that only local transportation to games & practices can be paid for.

So are the coaches still being clowned?

Here’s the scoop. Apparently the Hilliard family ain’t too pleased that Jerome Baker just flipped his commitment from Florida to tOSU (4 star LBer fro Ohio). The Buckeyes are completely loaded with young talent at that position. What’s interesting yet concerning for tOSU fans is that Nov 1st is a night game for them with most of their 2015 class visiting, but Hilliard will be in IC.

And to those wondering, he’d be our best linebacker the first day he steps on campus.

Yea but is he any good? :)

It would appear they are completely on top of the situation. Next time I'll think twice about questioning this staff.

Who cares why a 5* is on campus. You can't sell him if you don't get him on campus. Iowa now gets 2 shots at impressing him. I doubt we get him, but I'd be more pizzed if the Iowa coaches told him NOT to come to campus cause he is just "clowning them".

Latest posts