Hilliard will visit Iowa again

thejumper5

Just hours after the news broke that Ohio State had flipped top-50 LB Jerome Baker--formerly a Florida commit--news has come out that Ohio State commit and 5-star OLB Justin Hilliard will visit Iowa on November 1 for the Iowa-Northwestern game. Hilliard, whose brother CJ is a true freshman RB for Iowa, took an OV to Iowa City for the Indiana game on October 10.

[tweet]524751829419040770[/tweet]

Wow. If the staff can flip Hilliard from OSU, that would be a coup in recruiting like we haven't seen in the KF years.

Ok now I'm a little more interested. He's the exact type of player Iowa needs in helping to secure the edge rushers and move Spearman to DE. Would be so HUGE to flip this kid.

From the Buckeye site, Eleven Warriors............

"Wiltfong is reporting that Hilliard wants to play for OSU but his family isn't necessarily thrilled that Baker is back in the picture.

I guess we'll just have to let Corch talk to them and make sure they understand that Justin is extremely wanted.

Still...it's never good to have the leader of your class appear to be wavering.

If Justin is okay, then I think his parents (dad) can be assured. Baker is a SAM, Hilliard a WILL and Conner a MIKE. They all play different positions."

Ok now I'm a little more interested. He's the exact type of player Iowa needs in helping to secure the edge rushers and move Spearman to DE. Would be so HUGE to flip this kid.

At the very least, Hilliard would be a plug-n-play raider player. I think he could be an impact edge rusher on third down as a freshman while learning the defense and be ready to be full-time player in as sophomore.

Oh great, just what we need, a player visiting Iowa to watch them play. Good-bye Hilliard.

Oh great, just what we need, a player visiting Iowa to watch them play. Good-bye Hilliard.

I'm sure Iowa will look decent again off the bye. I think NW has shown they aren't push overs, but this team has a bit of a chip on their shoulders right now with last weeks loss. It's the week after against Minny you have to worry about the team looking like garbage.

Interesting... I look at him as a possible Khalil Mack type of LB he's big fast can rush the passer along with cover TEs and RBs. I think he's a better version of what people were hoping Spearman woulda been. Now maybe Spearman will be good but he hasn't done all that well this year so far.

As far as him taking an extra visit I don't want to get too fired up over it. But darn it it must mean we aren't out of it. With his brother here maybe his family just wants to come see him again... Then again who knows maybe what the OSU posters are saying has some truth to it too. Maybe Hilliard wants to play something other then Will and with OSU having recruited another guys maybe just maybe that has him thinking. I sure hope Iowas staff will tell him whatever he'd like to hear.

Not a good sign when a teenager can clown the Iowa staff and get 2 free visits to see his brother.

My instinct is he is using this visit to wrangle some promises out of O$U. Kind of seems non sensical if you are good enough for an O$U offer to be considering a flip to Iowa.

Latest posts