Hill"s speed

Not sure on his speed, but if he was on one of the sprint relay teams at CF, don't forget James Harrington would have been on that team. Harrington is going to Bama on a track scholarship and is the fastest guy in the state. In Iowa 1 elite guy can carry a sprint relay team, so it wouldn't say that much about his speed if he was on a relay team with him.

Even with Harrington on the relay team, you still have to have pretty good speed to make the 4 x 100 at CF or any big school with a decent track team. If not, there will be someone ready to take your place. I could see someone like James carrying a 1A school but the other guys on a 4A relay need to be pretty quick themselves. I'd say Barkley has sufficient football speed if he's running 4 x 100.

We have enough speed with canzeri and garmon...we needed this power back.

to say that Hill is a power back is a stretch. he looks tiny in pictures. i watched his videos and he is not a power back.

rivals has him at 4.6. 4.9 is lineman speed.

and funny pretty brett is on here saying 'he'd be a good back at iowa - getting those few additional yards'..........what would he had been at isu - isnt' he the same running back today as he was prior to this past weekend?

That sounds like Adam Robinson to a T. As a Hawkeye fan I will hope that he can avoid participating in certain extracurricular activities.

I was going to say that watching his highlights. Seems to be another Iowa back that Iowa fans will complain about since he won't be a threat to score on every play, but I can see him grinding you out those 4 to 5 yards per carry like Robinson did.

Rivals has him listed as running the 40 in 4.59. That is fast enough if he is like A-Rob and finds the holes and hits them quickly. Most successful rbs under KF have not been burners. It is all about vision,patience and reading the blocks to get 5-6 yards a pop. Sounds like Hill has the field vision,and leg drive to be fine at Iowa.

I'm not overly concerned with top-end speed. Foot speed and initial burst are far more important, along with vision. If he can possibly be an Adam Robinson-type back, I'd be happy with that. Robinson was no burner, but he had all three of the aforementioned skills/attributes, and that made him an effective back for us.

A-rob was not a good RB.

Was he anything special? No. But he was above-average, more than serviceable in the Big Ten. Dude was averaging just over 100 ypg and scored 10 TD before his concussion. He was the offensive MVP through the first 8 games.

Last edited:
What was Jerry Rice's 40 time? A-Rob also wasn't a "fast" guy. Speed is important but not the be all and end all at the RB position that some make it out to be or WR for that matter.