Higdon Aiming To Start This Fall

He's gone-Iowa's only hope was to keep him off UM's campus and I just saw a tweet saying he is visiting this weekend. The kid will have a half million reasons to go

Lets all just RELAX. He has already decommitted before, but he has said that he didnt want to go through that process again, and didnt wanna regret his final decision. Im pretty sure KF offered him a starting job/significant playing time as a freshmen, and I think that hes really buying into that. I gotta good feeling on this one, and would be surprised if he decommitted from iowa.

Some postings from someone that seems to be pretty close to what's going on with Higdon. I believe he is on the FSU staff.

4 days 49 minagoHe knows Michigan is next level. He likes Michigan.I'm an FSU football alum actually but also a lifelong Michigan fan. I don't try and push him either way. FSU was close to offering but didnt simply because we had 3 backs with his exact frame already that were underclassmen. I'm a fan of wherever he goes. If he sticks with Iowa i'll be rooting for him in Black and Gold also.
4 days 51 minagoYes he does.He's had interest. It just never really materialized. I think if Michigan were to be interested in him.....things could heat up quickly. I've told him how big of a deal Michigan is and what that degree means. He knows that Michigan is another level. I personally think he would do great in Ann Arbor. I don't get too involved in it because I'm obviously in his fan club. We will see what the coaches think.

Looks like MI is building a back up position with Higdon. They had a 5 star RB decommit last week and have been going after 4 star RB Mike Weber hard as of late.

Twitter chatter seems to indicate Higdon still committed to the Hawks! Should know Wednesday.

Yeah sounds like he has reconfirmed his commitment and is communicating with current commits.

Per these Tweets to other #Hawkeyes commits, it appears that FL RB Karan Higdon is sticking w/ #Iowa commitment.
Retweet
Favorite
More

What can't you see? I see this as ending up in our favor. He's sticking with Iowa unless I'm missing something.

Harbaugh is a classless scumbag. He told the kid to tweet that so that Kurt won't take any actions to poach some kid from Western Michigan and Iowa will be left with the equivalent of Sam Brownlee toting the rock in 3 years. Kurt's poor secretary is gonna be sitting by that fax machine waiting for the letter to come in while everyone else in the world knows he committed to Michigan. This is bad. Real bad.

I hope he sticks with the hawks, but I think you'd have to be nuts to pass up a ride on the Harbaugh train. He is at best going to have to go thru a coaching transition at some point in his Iowa career. At worst, he's going to find himself right in the thick of a messy divorce (and having step daddy barta trying to convince him to stick around to play for some guy who got Toledo within a game of playing for the MAC championship).

I hope he sticks with the hawks, but I think you'd have to be nuts to pass up a ride on the Harbaugh train. He is at best going to have to go thru a coaching transition at some point in his Iowa career. At worst, he's going to find himself right in the thick of a messy divorce (and having step daddy barta trying to convince him to stick around to play for some guy who got Toledo within a game of playing for the MAC championship).

Harbaugh, plus Michigan, plus Ann Arbor, plus the Big House. Barring a depth chart issue/early playing time, only an idiot would go to Iowa over Michigan. Here's to hoping this kid is an idiot, but if I were his personal adviser, I'd tell him to go to Michigan.

Sounds like a nice pickup. And sounds like he had some nice suitors. Also, just from reading the article this sounds like a pretty level-headed kid. I like that. And it's a pretty cool honor and a pretty cool thing when a kid is the first in his family to have the chance to go to college ... and he sounds like that means something to him ... Welcome aboard!

Harbaugh, plus Michigan, plus Ann Arbor, plus the Big House. Barring a depth chart issue/early playing time, only an idiot would go to Iowa over Michigan. Here's to hoping this kid is an idiot, but if I were his personal adviser, I'd tell him to go to Michigan.

That sales pitch might fly with jNW recruits.....but I doubt you steal an Iowa commit that way. Just saying.

Wow, the attempts at jokes on here are absolutely terrible.

OK, how 'bout this one?

Did you hear that KF is starting a mega-church in Iowa City?

He discovered that his one true talent is making 70,000 stand up and say "Jesus Christ".

That's my attempt.

TOS is spreading the word that he's going to announce tomorrow at 8am, and it's not looking good for Iowa
People freaking out cuz he said "ill be deciding between iowa and Michigan". He has yet to say he is decommitted and going to UM. Im nervous, but I feel he will be a hawk. He has said multiple times that hes committed to iowa even if Michigan offers. I think we're ok people.

Re: ** Official Iowa vs Michigan Game thread **

People freaking out cuz he said "ill be deciding between iowa and Michigan". He has yet to say he is decommitted and going to UM. Im nervous, but I feel he will be a hawk. He has said multiple times that hes committed to iowa even if Michigan offers. I think we're ok people.

What did Ross P say to Iowa? How did that end up?

Never seen such desperation to land a recruit before. If the kid is as talented as he is claimed to be, KF will likely sit him or underutilize him.

Latest posts