Hey Jon: Is it OK to say

Redskins on the HN forum?

You know, like Jordan Bernstine was drafted by the Redskins?

LOL.........kidding.

***hey, it's a Bye week, so things need some levity in here

GO REDSKINS

redskin_potatoes.jpg

Political correctness is getting the out of hand. Those in power decide what is ok to say or think. 84 is coming to fruition.

Back in the day, Miller and Deace came up with some good un-PC team names, like the San Francisco Trannies and the Mississippi Grand Wizards

Good times

Oh don't get your panties in a wad. TV and cinema is as non PC as ever. This is a word considered offensive by the target group. Doesn't matter what a bunch of white boys in Iowa think. It matters what the Injuns think. It's like if you called me a Kraut. That'd be offensive. Now I wouldn't care cuz I has the thick skin, and nobody would say it anyway cuz they'd assume I'd prolly pound the Shiite out of them, but I digress...it's an apt comparison.

Agreed. A movie like "Blazing Saddles" couldn't be made today.

Blazing Saddles = satire. It indeed could not be made today, but not because of political correctness, but rather the sorry state of the American public's IQ.

Same reason The Office never really got very high ratings - the average American TV viewer barely has the IQ to keep the drool inside their mouth, let alone grasp that 1/2 the characters on that show were written to be laughed at, not with.

Blazing Saddles = satire. It indeed could not be made today, but not because of political correctness, but rather the sorry state of the American public's IQ.

Same reason The Office never really got very high ratings - the average American TV viewer barely has the IQ to keep the drool inside their mouth, let alone grasp that 1/2 the characters on that show were written to be laughed at, not with.

Spot on. The great dumbing down has been a resounding success.

Oh don't get your panties in a wad. TV and cinema is as non PC as ever. This is a word considered offensive by the target group. Doesn't matter what a bunch of white boys in Iowa think. It matters what the Injuns think. It's like if you called me a Kraut. That'd be offensive. Now I wouldn't care cuz I has the thick skin, and nobody would say it anyway cuz they'd assume I'd prolly pound the Shiite out of them, but I digress...it's an apt comparison.

You heard it right from the mouth of the white Isaac Bruce.

The Office got average ratings because it was an average show and its star (Steve Carell) is of average funniness.

Latest posts