Hey guys remember according to Fran...

Bigtenchamp

This team HAD turned it around.... yeah who really believed that?

I know some did... but I wasn't close to convinced. They played well for a stretch against Michigan then weren't that good at the end.

I think we also seeing why this team was picked so low by the media.

3 of our starters are no offensive threat and our bench is a bunch of young guys.

I liked Fran when he was hired. And I've really been behind him, believe that he's building something good.

But it's getting increasingly difficult to see where his coaching skills lie.

Yeah I've always defended Fran... but I'm seeing some consistent patterns here over the years.

For one: his teams are horrible in the big ten tournament.

I liked Fran when he was hired. And I've really been behind him, believe that he's building something good.

But it's getting increasingly difficult to see where his coaching skills lie.

Clemmons, Gesell and Woodbury just weren't very good today to say the least. If that's Fran's fault OK.

If Davidson didn't stink last year, we'd be discussing replacement names right now. No question. But because Davidson stunk last year, we're going to give him 10 more years to lose tournament games.

Players gotta play. Fran's late game timeouts weren't crap today, overall his rotations weren't bad. The fact is that Iowa has very few good shooters, and the bad/average shooters aren't good at picking their shots. Also, no shots for Uthoff again down the stretch because he gives the ball up. He gave it up against late to Mike and Iowa put up a brick. Inexcusable.

Bobby Hansen during pre game told us exactly how Illinois would play Iowa and he told us exactly how Iowa needed to play to win this game. Illinois played exactly how he described it and Iowa, well not so much. If Bobby knew what the game plan needed to be, why didn't Fran.

It wasn't perfect against Michigan, but there were at least some good things that we had to keep building on to get ready to make a run. They couldn't build upon the Michigan game and reverted to playing like poo.

I definitely get why people are mad at Fran, but the players just didn't come through. Every time they had an opportunity to make a hustle play, make a shot, make a smart decision... they did the exact opposite.

Bobby Hansen during pre game told us exactly how Illinois would play Iowa and he told us exactly how Iowa needed to play to win this game. Illinois played exactly how he described it and Iowa, well not so much. If Bobby knew what the game plan needed to be, why didn't Fran.

Was his game play to make everything they threw up until the game was guaranteed to be close, then watch Gesell be Gesell?

I also recall that according to Fran when asked to describe this team in one word, he said SMART.. Fran has some issues that he must address first IMO in order for any of his teams to take it to the next level. What I've seen this season down the stretch is on Coaching and lack thereof.

Let's face it, guys. Some coaches are like Mr. Hair and are great mid-major coaches, but just can't figure out how to do it at the high-major level.

I'll give Fran one more year, but if its the same old next year, then he needs to go.

I get what you're saying. But if we are making the Dance consistently, right or wrong, Fran will be here for at least 3-4 more years.

Next year will be a tough test for Fran. If Jok would leave, it'll be a brutal test. If he get 20 wins and makes the Dance, in a rebuilding year, I'll be impressed.

Latest posts