Hesse's leg injury

uihawk82

I see on depth chart he is listed as the starter but does anyone know his exact leg injury and the extent? I would hate to see him have a lingering season long issue. Last post game it was discussed he had this injury on and off in August camp.

please give more info if you have solid source. thx

On the call in show, Eddie P said that it is a hamstring injury that happened in fall camp. Unfortunately without complete rest it wont go away. He's going to have to play through it.

I think the latest info was Tuesday and Hesse was day-to-day and not practicing. I think it was a Morehouse tweet if I remember correctly.

from the KF call-in show with Dolph tonight Morehouse posted this:

OLB Ben Niemann was excellent Saturday. He missed a series, but returned. KF said he was one of the “touch and go” guys from last week. Niemann missed a lot of time in camp with a hamstring injury. Iowa is being watchful, but KF said he’ll play.

Other injury news: DE Parker Hesse (looked like a hamstring) is “farthest away” injury-wise. Might play some, but sounds like he won’t be full go and might not go at all. WR Jay Scheel has practiced and could play.

http://www.thegazette.com/subject/sports/good-timey-radio-hour-20160907

from the KF call-in show with Dolph tonight Morehouse posted this:

OLB Ben Niemann was excellent Saturday. He missed a series, but returned. KF said he was one of the “touch and go” guys from last week. Niemann missed a lot of time in camp with a hamstring injury. Iowa is being watchful, but KF said he’ll play.

Other injury news: DE Parker Hesse (looked like a hamstring) is “farthest away” injury-wise. Might play some, but sounds like he won’t be full go and might not go at all. WR Jay Scheel has practiced and could play.

http://www.thegazette.com/subject/sports/good-timey-radio-hour-20160907

Thanks hawkingofrland. I live up north too, btw.

Iowa is really weak at DE this year. We are going to have to outscore people, which is not in the Captain's wheelhouse

I say let him sit and rest this week. The Nelsons played great last week and I bet ISUs Oline isn't as good as Miamis. I'd much rather let Hesse sit and recover than risk him tearing up his hammy and being done for a long time. Not for a game like this at this point in the season.

I say let him sit and rest this week. The Nelsons played great last week and I bet ISUs Oline isn't as good as Miamis. I'd much rather let Hesse sit and recover than risk him tearing up his hammy and being done for a long time. Not for a game like this at this point in the season.

Totally agree unless the medical team and trainers say he is 100% with no strain.

Nelson and Nelson Law firm!
aftertherain.jpg

I'm pretty sure there are more talented people who can fill in for #40, they may not be as experienced, but more talented, higher ceiling. Let the young guys ramp up and take over.

Latest posts