Here's How the Players Feel When They Lose...

Garza has really struggled for the past few weeks. On the defensive end he has to foul in order to stop anybody and offensively he’s now missing 3 foot shots. Hopefully he will break out of it soon.

Yeah, we all know it sucks to lose. Who among us hasn't been there? Why do media types have to constantly point out that "the players hurt after a loss worse than you do"? We all know that.... don't we?
The players hurt worse but handle it better. We all see how some on here react to losses. My only reaction is that Maryland outplayed us, disappointing as that may be.

The players hurt worse but handle it better. We all see how some on here react to losses. My only reaction is that Maryland outplayed us, disappointing as that may be.

I don't know about "outplayed". Both seemed to take their turns. Maryland made the key play, at the right time on a night where the Hawks couldn't break out of their 4-game funk.

I was a little disparaging of the Hawks, last night - the whole, when the lights are on and the quality of opponent goes up, the ugly is revealed. It's true but not in a, "Iowa is a bad team" sort of way.

Are they a top 20 team? No. Are they a top 30-35 team? Definitely and certainly an NCAA caliber team. Same goes for Maryland (who gets their fair share of love).

Hawks played poorly and couldn't make shots most of the game. They lost focus at a crucial time and couldn't seize their opportunity at the end. They can get away with that against lesser, NIT caliber teams but not against other NCAA caliber teams.

Time to shake it off, refocus and start playing to their abilities. They're good enough to be a 2nd weekend tourney team or, as last night (last 2 weeks) have shown, they can be "we made the NCAA" team.

It's a loss, not the end of the world. They didn't play well enough to win....but still were in position to win at the end. That's gonna happen in a 31 game season. The fact that they don't wilt is very encouraging to me and speaks volumes to the chemistry of this team. I love this team. Are they all time great @ Iowa? I don't know. I personally think it's Fran's best team. But that's just my opinion. They have already performed so far over my expectations that everything from here on out is gravy. Of course I want more, but of course when you play a quality opponent and spot light is on, you don't play as well. That's every team in the country when they are playing quality opponents. Let's not act like this team didn't hand Michigan its 2nd loss of the season under the spotlight less than 20 days ago. Good teams lose, ask @BryceC

Such a missed opportunity... I'm sure it does hurt them. When has our offense looked that bad overall? I mean missing shots we normally make. Turning it over in ridiculous ways. Ways that MD doesn't get credit for having caused. Missing the front end of one and ones. Kreiner missed a bunny because he was too lazy to jump. That's a game a month ago we win by 10 plus easy. It was just an odd game that by the time Baer started to kinda 'save the day' and play with some urgency it was almost too late. We still had a chance to win the thing at the end. I can't say we deserved to win it by any means but we damn well still should have.

To be fair, I think some fans on here should be interviewed because it effects them a lot more than the players.

Evidence?

Who shows up when Iowa loses and says the players don’t care and have no heart and choke in games that matter.

Obviously the fans that hate losing the most.

Yes.
Your sarcasm siren should be going off by now.

And if you need to defend yourself then yes, I’m talking about you.

We didn’t shoot well and we had upforced turnovers early. That’s how we lost IMO. The unforced TOs have to stop because it’s becoming a habit of late. The fact that we played so poorly and still almost won...Maryland isn’t very good IMO. But they were good enough last night.

We didn’t shoot well and we had upforced turnovers early. That’s how we lost IMO. The unforced TOs have to stop because it’s becoming a habit of late. The fact that we played so poorly and still almost won...Maryland isn’t very good IMO. But they were good enough last night.

I think Maryland is good actually. Athletic, they're big and strong underneath. Last night anyway they shot well from 3.

Am glad Luka is taking it hard too. Would rather have a man face his failures and work on changing them then lying to himself and trying to make it out like it's no big deal.

All I know is the Indiana game now scares the crap out of me. They haven’t won much recently but they’ll be playing with nothing to lose. Also the NW game showed regardless of home or away it’s hard to beat a team twice.

I think Maryland is good actually. Athletic, they're big and strong underneath. Last night anyway they shot well from 3.

Am glad Luka is taking it hard too. Would rather have a man face his failures and work on changing them then lying to himself and trying to make it out like it's no big deal.
I agree on Garza.