Here We Go Again at Nebraska....

I'm still agitated Roger Craig thumbed his nose at Hayden and kept on truckn westward on I-80 all the way to Lincoln.

What Herbie Husker will never realize or at least appreciate is the two primary reasons Big Red was ever good was a decent head coach (Osborne) and the fact they competed for decades in a really weak conference (Big Eight).

Those days are long gone, never to be repeated. Nebraska will forever be a middle-of-the-Road program stuck in the cold, snowy Midwest many hundreds of miles from a large urban center from which it might be able to recruit talented athletes.

Osborne was a very good coach, much to my chagrin. They were a really solid program. I don't agree with this post-Nebby would have held their own quite well in the Big Ten back in the 80's and early 90's. If Nebby played OSU and Michigan in the 70's, those would have been slobber-knockers, just like the NU-OU games. We cannot re-write history-- Nebby was an awesome football program back in the day, in spite of its otherwise weak conference.

What is so amazing is how Nebby has just let it all go over the last two decades -- it's just so unbelievable how Nebby voluntarily relinquished its identity of raising Outland Award winners followed by stallion RB's.

What Herbie Husker will never realize or at least appreciate is the two primary reasons Big Red was ever good was a decent head coach (Osborne) and the fact they competed for decades in a really weak conference (Big Eight).

Those days are long gone, never to be repeated. Nebraska will forever be a middle-of-the-Road program stuck in the cold, snowy Midwest many hundreds of miles from a large urban center from which it might be able to recruit talented athletes.

Don't forget pre scholly limit, that was huge for them. Could get every kid in tge state and surrounding, develop, play the best. No competing D1 schools within 150 miles.

I spent a few minutes over at Husker Max. Their fans are all over the place. There are some legitimately rational ones but not many. The worst part is one thread out of nowhere devolves into insinuation that Bob Diaco is gay and that's why their defense isn't tough. The specifically call him "a dandy" and then after someone says he's all hat and no cattle, someone has to jump in and say it must be a lavender hat. Gotta love midwest rednecks (I'm sure there are plenty in the Iowa fan base too but Jesus).

I spent a few minutes over at Husker Max. Their fans are all over the place. There are some legitimately rational ones but not many. The worst part is one thread out of nowhere devolves into insinuation that Bob Diaco is gay and that's why their defense isn't tough. The specifically call him "a dandy" and then after someone says he's all hat and no cattle, someone has to jump in and say it must be a lavender hat. Gotta love midwest rednecks (I'm sure there are plenty in the Iowa fan base too but Jesus).

Based on the past, oh, eight years, it would seem ALL their DCs have been (by their logic) "gay". Sounds like a miserable fan base.

What is Nebraska crying that they are not special again?

Look Nebraska your are special.... short bus special. And as long as you play in the big ten... where we play real football, you are going to be average like the rest of us so get used to it you big baby

Latest posts