Here is some interesting SEC football data

Another intresting SEC tidbit.

2006 NC-Florida
2007 NC-LSU
2008 NC-Florida
2009 NC-Bama

Until one of these teams gets in some real trouble with the NCAA thats the only stat that matters.

2006 NC-Florida
2007 NC-LSU
2008 NC-Florida
2009 NC-Bama

Until one of these teams gets in some real trouble with the NCAA thats the only stat that matters.

Absolutely right. Look further into the article where it compares conferences on this issue.

great find and a well written blog. Southern schools cheating? i can't believe it. To the poster who thinks the kids know what they are signing up for I have some real estate you might be interested in :). I thought the abuse of the medical hardship waivers was especially slimy.

There is a comment on the blog about scholarships being 1 year renewable (or something like that). Ferentz looks at a scholarship offer as a 5-year commitment to the student-athlete. He has honored commitments from kids who had potential career altering (even career ending) injuries.

I remember Adam Shada I believe, had the blood clot thing in HS and missed time and the doctors weren't even sure if he would be allowed to play FB again. KF kept his word and stuck by him and he wasn't even a 4-5 star kid!

I am glad that KF does not do this, he makes a committment to a kid for 4-5 years. But, if you are Saban, you have to do this. You are making the big bucks and have fans that expect you to win. This is also how they get their big recruiting classes year after year and get top running backs and receivers, etc. He can go into a living room and tell a guy, "Hey if you come here we will cut whoever is in front of you because you are the next great back in the country and you will have the position" Problem is that guy forgets that conversation and then is looking around in 2 years when the next stud comes in and he is out of a scholarship.

The kids that leave the program love Ferentz and speak highly of him. I have heard very few of football alumni from Alabama or Michigan State speak as highly of Saban as they do Ferentz. It is about winning but it is also about relationships you build with people, and KF is able to do both.

Thanks for posting this article. Interesting links within the site as well. It provides perspective about what integrity will mean in the expansion process.

2006 NC-Florida
2007 NC-LSU
2008 NC-Florida
2009 NC-Bama

It's disgusting. This makes me want Iowa to compete for a NC even more this year. I would love to show the nation that championships can still be won the "right" way.

Quit your whining. The Big Integer used to ban oversigning, but decided to allow it a few years ago. If you had that much "integrity", you wouldn't have joined the rest of the CFB world in adhering to what we like to call "the rules".

Quit your whining. The Big Integer used to ban oversigning, but decided to allow it a few years ago. If you had that much "integrity", you wouldn't have joined the rest of the CFB world in adhering to what we like to call "the rules".

I'm guessing this won't get a reply but can you name me one time that a Big 10 school has oversigned?

Latest posts