Here is another one of those chances to win a Big One on a Big Stage

Would love a Sweet 16 appearance. It's long overdue.

There would be no shame in losing to a 2 seed and a 30 win team, so I'm not going to hold it against the team or coaches if they don't win this one.

I want to see Iowa give a good account of themselves and make a game of it, though, and have a chance to win. Getting pummeled once again in the second round won't leave a good taste.

Last edited:
Tennessee was ranked #1 for a month.

It won't be easy. It's been a long time since we made a round of thirty-two game even close. And we have struggled to put back to back good shooting games together.

We could have folded the tent in the first ten minutes of the Cincinnati game. The fact that we didn't stunned Cincinnati more than anything else. And that was a huge factor in winning the game. It would be nice to shut up the dude from Tennessee who evidently has doubled down on his Friday comments.

The Nancy's have their I-pads warmed up and ready to go. You know, the ones we didn't hear from on Friday. They will be out in full force if we don't pull this out. Let's keep them quiet a while longer. Go Hawkeyes!

Iowa has a "chance" to get to the sweet 16, which is better than most years.

I like Iowa's chances, and, assuming Iowa does play in the toughest conference, Tennessee is beatable. 3 pointers need to fall at the outset for confidence!

Cook, please show off your one handed jams with either hand to the NBA scouts.

Iowa has a "chance" to get to the sweet 16, which is better than most years.

I like Iowa's chances, and, assuming Iowa does play in the toughest conference, Tennessee is beatable. 3 pointers need to fall at the outset for confidence!

Cook, please show off your one handed jams with either hand to the NBA scouts.

Yes. IA will need threes and lots of 'em to have a chance. Hopefully they'll be falling.

Perhaps Wieskamp and Baer are sniffing how much they like this March Madness competition. Put up the shots boys, have confidence.

Tennessee is a really good team, but we are a pretty dang good team too when our shots are falling and we're motivated on defense. I just really, really hope this isn't like our games against #1 seeds Gonzaga and Villanova where we got run off the court.

Just keep it close unlike the Gonzaga or Villanova games. So many upsets occur in March...why can't it ever be us? Why can't we have nice things?

Tennessee is a really good team, but we are a pretty dang good team too when our shots are falling and we're motivated on defense. I just really, really hope this isn't like our games against #1 seeds Gonzaga and Villanova where we got run off the court.

Zaga and Nova were 2 seeds not 1 seeds. But I get your point.

Well I enjoyed the thought until about a minute after tip off then it was pretty obvious how this was going to go. I'm done with this game. Maybe we can do it again next year.

Oh well.. There are always Andy Griffith Show reruns to watch.

I know one thing is pretty certain with Iowa next year...they’ll win 21 games, collapse late season, play Thursday in the BTT, get a 7 or 10 seed, win their first round game, get blasted by a far superior athletic 2 seed, and showcase their supreme lack of athletic guards.

Well I enjoyed the thought until about a minute after tip off then it was pretty obvious how this was going to go. I'm done with this game. Maybe we can do it again next year.

Oh well.. There are always Andy Griffith Show reruns to watch.
Best part they are just as white as our play on the court.

I know one thing is pretty certain with Iowa next year...they’ll win 21 games, collapse late season, play Thursday in the BTT, get a 7 or 10 seed, win their first round game, get blasted by a far superior athletic 2 seed, and showcase their supreme lack of athletic guards.

That's the ceiling until recruiting improves. Iowa must become more athletic.