Henry Marchese Commits

The kid is 6'3" with decent speed, runs good routes, can catch the ball over the middle and is a legacy recruit. How can anyone complain about signing this kid? He's our 2nd 6'3" wr in this class, I like the direction that we are going. I will take a 6'3" kid that can catch 10-20 yard passes over the middle and win jump ball situations all day long. I will take Marvin McNutt over Damond Powell all day long. But that's just me.

The kid is 6'3" with decent speed, runs good routes, can catch the ball over the middle and is a legacy recruit. How can anyone complain about signing this kid? He's our 2nd 6'3" wr in this class, I like the direction that we are going. I will take a 6'3" kid that can catch 10-20 yard passes over the middle and win jump ball situations all day long. I will take Marvin McNutt over Damond Powell all day long. But that's just me.
You say that now that Greg Derpvis is gone lol.
Seriously, let's hope we throw to the middle.

You say that now that Greg Derpvis is gone lol.
Seriously, let's hope we throw to the middle.
I don't know exactly what they are thinking during the recruiting process, but they seem to be going after big physical receivers that go over the middle constantly in their films, without fear or alligator arms.

Incredible, we have a thread in the basketball forum trying to get someone banned for always talking negative and here (and other threads) we have people talking crap on a young man before he even sets foot on campus because the only other offers he had was from MAC schools.

I haven't seen recent numbers but 2 years ago the MAC had 74 players in the NFL and I believe 6 MAC players were drafted last year. We see MAC schools upsetting P5 schools all the time so obviously overlooked talent is there. Expecting this coaching staff to fill available scholarships with 4/5 star recruits at this point is unrealistic.

Welcome Henry Marchese, I'm glad you chose to be a Hawkeye.

Have you seen the kids tape? He may not be a burner, but he is fluid and the main thing is he can catch the ball. What is the main thing that a Wr needs to do when a ball is thrown to him? Catch the ball. What is one of the main things our current WRs struggled with (outside of MVB)? Catching the ball.

Iowa does not need burners to be successful on offense? They need WRs that can catch a ball and a passing game that makes sense with the running game. They got rid of GD, so until proven otherwise I will assume they will have a passing game that makes more sense with the running game. And if you look at the tape of the recievers they have committed, they all catch the ball really well with their hands. I expect 2 or more to see time this fall. And I expect the passing offense to improve.

Stevenson HS is a perennial powerhouse in IL big school 8a division.
The past two years they've made deep runs in playoffs.

I just hope he's a lot faster than his dad. Great family.

Wish Iowa would recruit a couple of 4.4 guys to play wide out.

Have you seen the kids tape? He may not be a burner, but he is fluid and the main thing is he can catch the ball. What is the main thing that a Wr needs to do when a ball is thrown to him? Catch the ball. What is one of the main things our current WRs struggled with (outside of MVB)? Catching the ball.

Iowa does not need burners to be successful on offense? They need WRs that can catch a ball and a passing game that makes sense with the running game. They got rid of GD, so until proven otherwise I will assume they will have a passing game that makes more sense with the running game. And if you look at the tape of the recievers they have committed, they all catch the ball really well with their hands. I expect 2 or more to see time this fall. And I expect the passing offense to improve.

Catching the ball is key, but if you can't get open it doesn't really matter. Iowa had zero separation ability the past several years.

Catching the ball is key, but if you can't get open it doesn't really matter. Iowa had zero separation ability the past several years.
I agree, but I think it has far more to do with the GD routes than the athletes. You don't need to have burner speed to get open. You just need to run good routes well. We haven't had good routes under Davis.

Who was the last reciever Iowa has had that was a burner and highly successful?

Latest posts