Helmets For Sale???

stopped over at UIsurplus yesterday and they had maybe 10 or 12 there. This is the place by Nagel Lumber. Some of them were a bit beat up but still good helmets, and I think the price was in the 200-225 range.

The article says the Hawk Shop will be having a clearance sale, but nothing about UI Surplus. Is there a difference?

For sale in U of I surplus? Makes no sense on two accounts. They are worth their weight in gold to give to donors but even a bigger reason is in selling them they take on liability issues if some idiot decided to relive his days as a Polk High School Panther. Call the law school for a ruling Mr Barta.

I was told there would be a sale unadvertised after the spring game,which makes since so then they could sell off all of the old helmets.

For sale in U of I surplus? Makes no sense on two accounts. They are worth their weight in gold to give to donors but even a bigger reason is in selling them they take on liability issues if some idiot decided to relive his days as a Polk High School Panther. Call the law school for a ruling Mr Barta.

I'm pretty sure that anybody who's stupid enough to try and use these things for legit protection deserves what they get. If I buy a cracked bat from the Cubs, then get stupid and decide to take some hacks with it, the Cubs aren't liable if the barrel goes and drills my pitcher in the face. Once we buy it, it's our responsibility. The most the UI would have to do is put out a disclaimer that the helmets should not be used again, for safety purposes. Then they're totally in the clear.

stopped over at UIsurplus yesterday and they had maybe 10 or 12 there. This is the place by Nagel Lumber. Some of them were a bit beat up but still good helmets, and I think the price was in the 200-225 range.

Floydvane - is it worth going to the UI Surplus? What else did they have for sale? How much were jersey's? Any good ones left?

Thanks

Latest posts