Hello all

Sorry, I didn't realize Ghost was in such a position of power. I've enjoyed his posts over the years, but didn't know he had been appointed to such an exalted position.

My power is largely ceremonial. While I have little in the way of executive power, I do have influence with those who do. My experience and prestige allows me to have a calming influence over difficult issues. I'm like the Queen of England, except more awesome and revered.

My power is largely ceremonial. While I have little in the way of executive power, I do have influence with those who do. My experience and prestige allows me to have a calming influence over difficult issues. I'm like the Queen of England, except more awesome and revered.

I don't recall someone with a fro flying into the Olympics!? who'd a thunk?

Hello Dusty, and welcome to Hawkeyenation. As Dean of Posters, allow me to personally welcome you to the conversation. While many newcomers receive a bit of an initial hazing, please stick around and contribute. If you have any questions about any references you may hear, and history that you're curious about, or any vernacular that is unfamiliar, please PM me with any questions, no matter how small.

Oh Dusty, Ghost will be throwing a lot at you all right, hope it doesnt stick. :)

tumblr_mdv1tzOxQP1rw3k36o1_400.gif

Welcome aboard! I am sure you will find this to be a welcoming place but here are a few pieces of info that may help you find your way:

1) If you are looking for basketball insight make sure to read all of redhawk55's posts. Actually, read them twice. You will be better for it. As an added bonus you will learn a lot about our stellar football recruiting classes

2) For information regarding our football record for the next 10 years please pm CAARHAWK. That guy has been working day and night for several years to develop a predictive model to determine future win loss records and I think he is just now putting the finishing touches on it. He refuses to tell any of us what the model forecasts but maybe as a new poster you will have success getting through to him.

3) Sometimes emotion gets the best of all of us while posting and gets us in trouble with President JDM. I suggest you seek out Scorpio79 - he has almost 200k cumulative posts and navigates the ban hammer mine field like a trained ninja

4) If interested in joining the HN mafia game PM nottiboy

I am sure I missed some obvious points so feel free to add to this list as necessary everybody

Again, welcome aboard Dusty!

No post on Hawkeyenation has EVER been full of so much win... so damn smooth

Dusty, I never posted on Scout but I was over there reading daily but that place is the worst. Too much hate, you will see quite a bit here but for the most part just stay away from FreedComanche, he is like the RJ Simmons of this site.

LOL, I was just getting ready to post the same thing about FreedComanche!

Hello Dusty, and welcome to Hawkeyenation. As Dean of Posters, allow me to personally welcome you to the conversation. While many newcomers receive a bit of an initial hazing, please stick around and contribute. If you have any questions about any references you may hear, and history that you're curious about, or any vernacular that is unfamiliar, please PM me with any questions, no matter how small.

Fitting, yes you are DOP Wish I could have 9600 posts, that's special.

Everyone who had an account with me at the scout site automatically had one created here. There are a lot of people who have accounts here who have yet to post yet

Welcome! This won't be a haven from negativity though.

False. I had an account at Scout and it did not move over.

Second, how big of a hole in the old privacy policy did you blow when you just moved over everyone's emails and usernames? Hopefully the statute of limitations passed on that.

Second, how big of a hole in the old privacy policy did you blow when you just moved over everyone's emails and usernames? Hopefully the statute of limitations passed on that.

#lawyerspeak

Wouldn't he be okay because technically he had the rights to Hawkeyenation.com? He simply eliminated his affiliation with scout.com.

Fitting, yes you are DOP Wish I could have 9600 posts, that's special.

I wonder how much Ghost is enjoying is bouquet of dead flowers.

Latest posts