Heartfelt congrats to ISU

okeefe4prez

Helluva game. They lost a key player and the kids played through it and won it on the last shot. We haven't seen an Iowa game like that in a LONG time. Pretty big chunk of our losses came from Sweet 16 teams!

I actually started pacing the last 30 seconds. I only usually do that for the Hawks. I feel dirty.

But congrats! Take that Paige~ :)

Down a man, and still come away with the W. That is what happens when you have a mentally tough team, you finish games.....

Down a man, and still come away with the W. That is what happens when you have a mentally tough team, you finish games.....

It also helps to have the Big 12 POY, and to have that player's name NOT be DeAndre Kane. ISU might not have a ton of depth, but their big guns have a lot of firepower.

Screw ISU.

Any Hawk fan that roots for them is a traitor, because rooting for them is rooting against the Hawks. Heaven help us if they make the final four...their fans will be even more insufferable.

I told my wife that this ISU team is hard not to like.

I never imagined they would be this good this year having lost The pieces they did but Kane is 10x better than I could have ever imagined. Naz has ice in his veins and Hogue is a terrific all around player... Good D, good rebounder and solid on offense.

Congrats... I thought hiring a guy with no coaching experience was crazy.... Fred has proved year after year he can get it done.

I actually started pacing the last 30 seconds. I only usually do that for the Hawks. I feel dirty.

But congrats! Take that Paige~ :)

The way he played near the end, I couldn't help but wonder if he was hoping for an ISU win!

Man, that was a great game. I haven't been this excited about a State of Iowa basketball team bince that kid from UNI put the dagger in Kansas a few years ago. And it's only been, what 15 years, bince Iowa made it this far?

It also helps to have the Big 12 POY, and to have that player's name NOT be DeAndre Kane. ISU might not have a ton of depth, but their big guns have a lot of firepower.

Dude, I congratulated you guys. No need to plant an ISU flag on our board.

Screw ISU.

Any Hawk fan that roots for them is a traitor, because rooting for them is rooting against the Hawks. Heaven help us if they make the final four...their fans will be even more insufferable.

Grow up. ISU winning or losing this game has no bearing on Iowa. Who cares what a select few DBag ISU fans say? Those people are insufferable no matter if they are winning or losing.

Screw ISU.

Meh, my only interactions with ISU grads are on the interwebs (which I can ignore) and when they bring me my supper at restaurants. I pity you guys living in rural Iowa. I take joy in mah team winning not in ISU losing, and so as between ISU and the evil traditional powers (UNC, Duke, Kansas, UK, etc.) give me ISU every time. Nice game Clones!

I found myself torn between wanting all of the Big 12 teams to be out before the Sweet 16, wanting Roy Williams and Marcus Paige to get their a$$ beat, and wanting at least some team from Iowa to have some success.

So I guess I got 2 of my 3 wishes there.

Congrats Cyclones!

Grow up. ISU winning or losing this game has no bearing on Iowa. Who cares what a select few DBag ISU fans say? Those people are insufferable no matter if they are winning or losing.

The better ISU does, the more attractive Hoiberg becomes for a legit program or the NBA, so anyone wanting to hurt ISU should hope for a good run and then Marquette or an NBA team to show up with a bag of money big enough to build the whole South End Zone.

Latest posts