Hearing Some Really Good Things

Now that Britt and Belton have committed, and assuming a commit from Goodson, it looks like we are set at OL, QB, RB and probably DB. The staff should be able to devote a lot of resources to a few remaining high priority targets.

I would assume one more LB, a DT, one or two DE and perhaps one more TE.

David Bell obviously should be at the top of the list, along with Henrich and Newsom (keep fighting for both), Erick All and Enoch Jackson.

Now that Britt and Belton have committed, and assuming a commit from Goodson, it looks like we are set at OL, QB, RB and probably DB. The staff should be able to devote a lot of resources to a few remaining high priority targets.

I would assume one more LB, a DT, one or two DE and perhaps one more TE.

David Bell obviously should be at the top of the list, along with Henrich and Newsom (keep fighting for both), Erick All and Enoch Jackson.

Erick All just committed to Michigan today.

Well, hell.
With Fant almost certainly moving on early, I do think another TE this cycle is a good idea. Hopefully, there are some under-the-radar guys that we haven't heard of yet. Other than All, I'm not aware of any solid prospects with which we are (were) actively in the mix.

I did run across a tall TE out of Dayton, Justin Stephens, but I'm not sure how actively we are involved. His tape is decent. Catches with his hands and high points it, and he moves pretty well for his size.

Last edited:
With Fant almost certainly moving on early, I do think another TE this cycle is a good idea. Hopefully, there are some under-the-radar guys that we haven't heard of yet. Other than All, I'm not aware of any solid prospects with which we are (were) actively in the mix.

I did run across a tall TE out of Dayton, Justin Stephens, but I'm not sure how actively we are involved. His tape is decent. Catches with his hands and high points it, and he moves pretty well for his size.

Wrote about Stephens a few months ago:

https://www.hawkeyenation.com/recruiting/iowa-offer-means-lot-ohio-te-justin-stephens

What I really like is these are guys these coaches have identified and wanted. I don't think there are to many if any that have been very far down the board.
That usually means they already know how they are going to fit in. That makes it easier on everyone.
Plus I like the fact that so many recruits want to play at the next level. That means they are committed to winning.

What I really like is these are guys these coaches have identified and wanted. I don't think there are to many if any that have been very far down the board.
That usually means they already know how they are going to fit in. That makes it easier on everyone.
Plus I like the fact that so many recruits want to play at the next level. That means they are committed to winning.
I've been thinking the same thing. Outside of QB (and even then it seems like we've had our eye on Padilla for a while), the coaches are getting their top options at each position, which is a good sign even if they don't have super impressive ratings or offer lists.

I've been thinking the same thing. Outside of QB (and even then it seems like we've had our eye on Padilla for a while), the coaches are getting their top options at each position, which is a good sign even if they don't have super impressive ratings or offer lists.

The thing is, the guys we are getting and the ones we got this weekend all do have good offer lists.

Hunt: Louisville, MSU, Pitt, Minny, and BC
Britt: MSU, Louisville, Indiana, Minny, Purdue, Arizona
Belton: Louisville, Pitt, Maryland, Minny, West Virginia

You forgot Iowa State, but I’m sure they pulled their offer once they knew Iowa was getting them and then probably publicly tweeted something stupid about how underwhelmed they were as coaches with each prospect.

The thing is, the guys we are getting and the ones we got this weekend all do have good offer lists.

Hunt: Louisville, MSU, Pitt, Minny, and BC
Britt: MSU, Louisville, Indiana, Minny, Purdue, Arizona
Belton: Louisville, Pitt, Maryland, Minny, West Virginia