Hearing Some Really Good Things

Indy OL Just Britt Tweeted yesterday that a commitment was coming soon. He was officially visiting. We'll see.

No inside info, but Britt committing wouldn't surprise me. I've felt pretty confident where we stand with him for awhile.

I have a message into Britt. Waiting to hear back. He might be working on his Twitter "edit" to announce a commitment. Kids. :)

Sounds like Belton might be on board as well, but I haven't seen anything official so take it for what it is worth.

There is at least one more commitment but he has asked me to wait until he announces. I certainly will honor that.

Poster on another site claims Tomari Fox almost committed as well, so we may not need Newsom.

There is at least one more commitment but he has asked me to wait until he announces. I certainly will honor that.
If I am thinking if the same guy Rob, when is he supposed to announce?

Overall could be one hell of a haul this weekend.

Yeah, sounds like it could be a clean sweep, all 4 uncommitted guys wanting to get on board. If so, then wow for the early visits! Not only that, of the 4 visits, 2 were of kids from the South, so this is big. Lots of time with kids from the South coaches don't always know where Iowa stands as they can't come and visit easier on a no official. Now we can get them on campus early and have a shot at getting them before a late November game day visit.

Yeah, sounds like it could be a clean sweep, all 4 uncommitted guys wanting to get on board. If so, then wow for the early visits! Not only that, of the 4 visits, 2 were of kids from the South, so this is big. Lots of time with kids from the South coaches don't always know where Iowa stands as they can't come and visit easier on a no official. Now we can get them on campus early and have a shot at getting them before a late November game day visit.
What are they putting in the water down in Suwanee? Need me some of that.

Rob, if I did get 4 commits this weekend, that would put Iowa at 14 commits. I know it is going to be a "smaller" class, but how many more do you think Iowa signs past 14?

Fox told me he did not commit, though he came close Waiting on him for interview.

Iowa hasn't had fewer than 21 commitments in a class this decade. I would guess this class at least hits 20 after normal attrition and graduation.

Poster on another site claims Tomari Fox almost committed as well, so we may not need Newsom.

He told me around 4:30 Iowa time. I have my story with quotes ready to go. :)

BV - are you hearing it's someone not named Belton, Goodson and Britt?

Not that I wouldn't be happy to see Fox commit, but Newsom has the better tape, IMO. Plus, losing an in-state guy to Nebby would suck either way. Hate to see that happen, but it's bound to occasionally.

Not that I wouldn't be happy to see Fox commit, but Newsom has the better tape, IMO. Plus, losing an in-state guy to Nebby would suck either way. Hate to see that happen, but it's bound to occasionally.
We haven't lost any significant in-state guys to them in a very long time, but we have taken some from them. Not a trend you want to see reversed.

Latest posts