Hear me out

I was really happy with the effort and thought KF changed things up. JR did some great things.

The gameplan in the second half was terrible and the defense was put it really tough positions. I thought this was the game where we should have had 50 carries but I realize most would have blasted KF for being too conservative.

The sky isn't falling and this team will ge better every week.

To be honest, I kind of tired of anylizing the why or how come. I'm tired of losing to MAC teams. I'm tired of losing 7 games in a row. I'm just tired of losing. I lived in Colorado from '97 to '13, and I can promise you that people in Colorado could care less about college football, let alone Big 10 or Iowa football. I wear the Hawkeye colors proudly. But even in Colorado, last season, people that gave a passing thought, laughed about Iowa. Guys and Gals, it isn't good.

Considering how we looked last year on offense to this year...I'm optimistic. And if you say you are tired of losing seven in a row...well, that implies we do it all the time. It's been 14 years since that's happened.

That wasn't a normal MAC offense. That was a veteran B10 line and a QB who is going to play on Sunday. Lynch is a freaking stud, a more athletic Ben Rothlisberger. His arm and accuracy are amazing...and his receivers dropped some beautiful throws. The dude scans the field and goes through progressions faster than hell...and he can throw on the run too. He's the best all around QB we will face all year.

We may not play a better offensive football team till we play NW. OSU's offensive line looked suspect yesterday.

Ok lets be a little serious here. Lynch is good for a MAC team. He is ok, c'mon the guy is not Ben Rapistburger.
I dont think he is one of the top 10 qbs in the NCAA.

Lynch threw some great passes that were dropped early and in the 1st half. But I don't think he will ever be more than a very good college QB.

The thing that excited me the most is that a mobile QB got, for the most part, shut down on the running aspect. Which last year was absolutely not the case.

The dline and secondary had better get improving week to week, because every other aspect looked like stuff that will get better as the season goes on. I honestly think we beat ISU and MSU. And I'm calling it now, we will upset either Michigan, Ohio state or Wisconsin.

Considering how we looked last year on offense to this year...I'm optimistic. And if you say you are tired of losing seven in a row...well, that implies we do it all the time. It's been 14 years since that's happened.

That wasn't a normal MAC offense. That was a veteran B10 line and a QB who is going to play on Sunday. Lynch is a freaking stud, a more athletic Ben Rothlisberger. His arm and accuracy are amazing...and his receivers dropped some beautiful throws. The dude scans the field and goes through progressions faster than hell...and he can throw on the run too. He's the best all around QB we will face all year.

We may not play a better offensive football team till we play NW. OSU's offensive line looked suspect yesterday.

My statement didn't imply anything. Strictly speaking, we have lost 7 games in a row and I am tired of losing 7 games in a row. Regarding Lynch, I am a Steelers fan, believe me, I know how good Ben Roethlisberger is. In fact, he was the qb I wanted the Steelers to draft! Lynch ain't no Big Ben.

But if you want, I can rephrase my statement: Since the 2010 season, Iowa's record is 19-20 (1 game under .500: 8-5, 7-6, 4-8 & 0-1) AND we have lost 7 games in a row and Iowa is 8-14 since the start of the Big 10 season of 2011.

Wow, it's almost like you aren't watching.

Like...watching his intended receiver off the line?

+1 This is going to haunt us this year if he doesn't change it. All game long he watched his primary target from the time the ball was snapped. The buddy I was with called that pick just seconds before it happened. They were up on the line, not giving the receivers any space. Pretty easy play to make when you know where the QB is going.

Latest posts